“Eclectic decor, interesting menu.”
Review of Bellefonte Cafe

Bellefonte Cafe
Ranked #54 of 560 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We went for lunch and found it to be bright and cheerful with varied tables and chairs and quirky decor.
The menu is filled with unusual dishes all of which sound delicious. I had a tofu banh mi sandwich and my husband had a cuban pork sandwich. We both thought they were delicious although I will request a few changes on the banh mi,
There is outdoor dining on the porch.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Expected a lot more from this unique place. It looks better than it is. Brunch was disappointing. Eggs Benedict on the menu sounded great and tasted great, but the meal was lukewarm. My wife's omelet was also just warm...the spinach still raw and the cheese not melted. It took until we were half finished our meals before the cappuccinos arrived. Service was extremely slow. The noise level was excessive and that was before the band started to play. The band was good, however. Unfortunately, after this experience, we don't plan on returning.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We go there on a semi regular basis. We have always enjoyed the food. It has something for everyone--vegan, vegetarian, salads, meat....very eclectic. But the service is always, ALWAYS, an issue. Slow doesn't begin to describe it. Our last time there we were 4 for lunch. It took nearly an hour for a scoop of hummus to come out to us. Then it took another 20 minutes for 3 sandwiches--MINUS my salad....when I asked the waiter I was told there "was a problem" with it. Turns out they had no more chicken. So why wasn't I informed and offered the option to make another choice? I was not. So I had no lunch. The servers then completely ignored us. No refills of water, no offers to refill our iced tea, and had to ask for our check. Not cool.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

This is the tale of two reviews: one about the present and another about the potential future. Food: interesting choices for every persuasion, including vegan; hot sandwiches, pulled pork, Cuban sandwich; hummus, more. Small economical wine list. Excellent vinaigrette with a hint of citrus. Nice outdoor porch (on the street and side of the building). Cozy interior; small bar; very dark inside.

Here begins the problems: wait staff untrained and blissfully unaware: waiter couldn't remember what items were ordered by a party of two!; forgot the condiments (reminded him); forgot the sweeteners (reminded him); brought a shared salad but no plate to permit sharing; brought extra place settings (already had them); trip after trip through the the loud banging screen door! None of the staff is conscious of the door now - it just bangs and bangs.

We resent being called "you guys" by ALL the wait staff! And "no problem" is not a synonym for "you're welcome".

Imagine what a little attention to detail could do! Train the waiter! Fix the storm door closer! Reprint and laminate the menus (so they don't have so much food spilled on them). Train the wait staff to say "How are you tonight?" instead "how're you guys?". Train everyone to reply to "thank you" with "you're welcome"! Paint the faded exterior. How about some flowers?

Pay attention to the details! Owners: eat in your own restaurant and experience it as a customer! Geez!

2  Thank foodiesweareyoutoo
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

We stumbled upon this small cafe and what a pleasant surprise. We were hoping to find something close to Cuban coffee. They didn't have it but the barista was very accommodating. We had the Huevos Rancheros and it was amazing. Full of flavor and fresh ingredients. Coffee was bold and fresh. They also accommodated my 2 year old with grilled cheese and chocolate milk. Definitely worth visiting.