HOTEL DU PONT
US$189
US$179
US$170
  • Restaurant
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$159
US$143
Courtyard
US$155
All reviewsgreen roomhotel dupontbeautiful hotelclassic hotelnew ownershipvalet staffmacaroonsold world feelbeautiful weddinggrand old hotelrecommend hotelroom servicemini barseparate sitting areasaturday afternoonmy cousinbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this hotel as guests at a wedding. The property is beautiful but the rooms need some updating. The carpet in our room was dirty and worn. The food was very good and the service was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Larry M, General Manager at HOTEL DU PONT, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your candid review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the beauty and elegance of the hotel and your fine dining experience during your stay. However, we certainly want all of our guests to be pleased with their entire stay. We take your concerns very seriously and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in rooms. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Will definitely be going back but not all of the staff lives up to the grandeur of the surroundings. For example, one evening I had to get to the Hampton Inn to meet my daughter and asked the bellman, of which there were 6, if they could call a cab which they said I would not be able to get at 9 pm and that I should contact Uber. The Hampton is about a half mile away but it was dark and I am not familiar with the town. I decided to walk and was fine but uncomfortable. After meeting up with my daughter at the Hampton, I asked their bellman if I could get a ride back to the Hotel DuPont which service they cheerfully provided.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the HOTEL DU PONT. I apologize for the interaction that you had with our bellmen. We have since reviewed your experience with our staff and made some recommendations based upon your feedback. Thank you for your candid review. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations or provide the experience that we hope to share with you and each of our guests when staying with us at the HOTEL DU PONT.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed this winter weekend getaway to Hotel DuPont and Longwood Gardens. Had a spacious suite with luxurious amenities and included a delicious breakfast. It was walking distance to excellent restaurants.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the very nice review of our beautiful historic hotel. We certainly appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you appreciated the convenience to our area businesses, restaurants and local attractions.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were without power for several days in early March. We decided to stay at a hotel until power was restored. Only problem with that idea was that everyone else decided to do the same thing. As a result all of the local hotels were booked solid. My wife suggested Hotel DuPont in Wilmington. About a 45 minute drive from our home. Our stay was worth every mile.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry that you had the unfortunate experience of losing power in your home, but delighted that you chose to stay at the HOTEL
DU PONT! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We like to stay at historic hotels and this one is a beauty. Lots of features to explore. We had a king room with a sitting area with a sofa. The room was beautiful. Only problem was the tub didn’t seal properly so my girlfriend couldn’t take a bath. We found this out the last night we were there so they didn’t have an opportunity to fix it. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge. No cost but not all rooms have them
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your very kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return and stay with us again. We are sorry that you had an issue with the tub in your room and we will check in to that immediately. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!