US$151
US$149
US$134
Courtyard
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$179
US$152
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
US$68
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Inn At Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$104
Priceline
All reviewsgreen roomhotel dupontnew ownershipclassic hotelbeautiful historic hotelvalet staffold world elegancegrand old hotelroom serviceroom was largemy cousinmini bara wonderful staydu pontmemorial day weekendlongwood gardenscomfortable rooms
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Hotel DuPont never fails to deliver. The front desk staff is great. Jose is a delight and wonderful host st the front door. Maria (housekeeping) and Blake (maintenance) helped me with a minor shower issue. Turned out to be completely my fault but they were awesome. Blake - loves my chocolate wrench. But you did NOT put a wrench in my day. Just some happiness. You guys are the best.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Linda C, Executive Assistant at HOTEL DU PONT, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time in the HOTEL DU PONT and appreciate your patronage. We are very proud of the very professional, friendly and accommodating staff and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your chocolate. We will pass along your kind words regarding our associates and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being a man of modest means, I normally forgo the siren song of Beautiful Hotels that beckon with images of lavish comfort and sterling service except this ONE time! And man am I glad i went! When I took advantage of an offer less than there normal rate, I had a little trepidation but I gritted my teeth and sucked up my courage! What I found was grace, professionalism and sincere friendliness! Check In was a breeze; the luggage was taken directly to the room; leave the car keys for the valet; the room was stunning in its casual elegance; the bed was wonderful and the bathroom was magnificent! Believe me, i'm not going overboard on superlatives. The longer we stayed, the more I enjoyed myself. Breakfast was everything I could imagine. All I can say is if you want to tell your spouse how much she means to you on your anniversary, this is the place to do it.
Let me conclude by thanking Kenny Hannah for bringing me Decaf coffee every morning in the Lobby while I read the newspaper without me even asking and to "speedy Gonzales" (i apologise for not knowing your given name) for his quick and friendly service as Bellman.

Stayed: July 2018

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us in the HOTEL DU PONT and took the opportunity to indulge yourself with a visit. We are proud of the history, beauty and elegance of this hotel, our fine dining, and very professional and friendly staff. Thank you for your very kind words and your recommendation; we will pass on your kudos to Kenny, Jose and our very talented team. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Here for a family wedding.

Beautifully appointed hotel (grand hall where reception held is gorgeous). Rooms comfortable and spacious and have all amenities needed. We had a double (2 double beds) bedroom for 3 of us - plenty of space to move.

They’ve kept the style but also updated the hotel in places to give a modern twist, e.g. breakfast nook is loyal to the early 20C era with a modern style.

Staff - from front desk to waiters - were polite , professional ... and friendly, too.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to the HOTEL DU PONT. We do hope you will come back again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I took the train from the NYC to Wilmington for a wedding. The hosts of the wedding referred us to the hotel as it was apparently the "only nice hotel in the area." Even though we are both New Yorkers, we are also campers and people who love to travel and are very happy staying at the cheapest place as long as it is relatively clean and safe. We opt often for airbnb. When we arrived at the hotel it was around 1 PM. Understanding that check in was not until 3, we got there early in the hopes we would be able to get into the room a little early as I needed about an hour to get ready for the wedding at 4:00 pm. When we checked in, the woman was clearly not enjoying her job and barely cracked a smile. When she did, it was completely fake. Aside from that we were told immediately that there were multiple weddings and that the room would "definitely not be ready until 3." I explained that, if at all possible, I needed to check in to start getting ready for the wedding. Her only response was, "yes, sorry, it won't be ready until 3." (More or less, tough luck) She did not offer to explain that I could use a public restroom at the hotel to get ready or that I could leave and come back in a little while to see if it was ready at an estimated time. I had to ask if there was somewhere I could go and I had to request to leave my bags with the desk. She was very impolite and acted as if everything were my own problem. Needless to say we took the chance and came back and the room was ready about a half hour earlier than 3. Additionally, for the price of the hotel being comparable to some in NYC, it was a pretty basic hotel room. I didn't see anything that made it stand out as a luxury hotel. I'm writing this lengthy response because you should take into consideration that the new generation of young adults are choosing Airbnb because hotels just don't compete anymore.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the HOTEL DU PONT. We take great pride in the beauty and charm of the hotel, our professional and accommodating staff, and our luxurious and well appointed rooms. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We take your concerns very seriously and will speak with our Front Desk staff regarding your check in and make improvements based on your feedback.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location and wonderful hotel. Rooms are spacious and well decorated with lovely bedding! Service is outstanding. Food and drinks were excellent as well. The ambience of the hotel is historic and lovely.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Linda C, Executive Assistant at HOTEL DU PONT, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dee Ann,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the HOTEL DU PONT. We are proud of the historic charm and beauty of the hotel, our luxurious and well appointed guest rooms and our world class dining. We are especially proud of our very professional, friendly and accommodating staff. Thank you for your kind words. Your patronage is important to us and we value your feedback. Please come back and stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you!