“OK hotel. Guests & area are shady”

The Inn At Boynton Beach
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I really wanted to give this property 4 stars but I have to give it a 3 after factoring in the shady guests that you'll encounter here. The Inn is very conveniently located right off of I-95 in Boynton Beach. The room was clean and the bathrooms were surprisingly modernized. The carpets were only moderately worn and the furniture/fixtures were decent. Complimentary toiletries are provided and I was given a razor which I forgot at home. The water was nice and hot. I communicated with the cleaning lady who did not speak good English that we were leaving for the day and to clean our room. She repeated the room clean twice to which I said "yes". I was very annoyed to return later that night and find the room was in fact not cleaned. Wi-fi was decent and hotel staff I encountered were polite.

A hot breakfast is provided free of charge in an adjoining room near the lobby. It featured stale biscuits, eggs that looked like small yellow pancakes, sausage, cereals, juice, and make it yourself waffles. We only ate here the first morning. A large spanish speaking family with 7 kids had tied up the waffle machine and used the rest of the batter guaranteeing that nobody else would be having waffles before 9am. It wasn't clear to me whether they were actually guests in the hotel or not.

There was a fairly decent pool guests have access to. We used it once after breakfast when there was nobody there. A bin that was supposed to have clean towels was completely empty. There were wet towels, abandoned sandals, and cigarette butts scattered around. This told me that the pool area wasn't being maintained. There is also ample lighting that the pool chooses to leave off after dusk. This means that it's completely dark out there after sunset. It's not clear why the hotel does this but it didn't stop a large family from having a blast while it stormed complete with thunder and lightning.

This leads me into the last portion of my review and that's the shady guests you can expect to see and bump into while you're here. Think carnival workers, some missing front teeth. Think bad credit. Think of people you'd expect to see at Wal-Mart after 10PM. Imagine all these people who wanted a cheap hotel room just like you did. People that look like they live off of fast food and beer and haven't slept in 3 days. They're EVERYWHERE. Outside lurking around in. Shirtless. Smoking cigarettes. You smell cigarette smoke everywhere and find the butts on the ground all over the place.

As a hotel in itself, I think it's fine. I'd stay here again based on this only. However, I don't wish to see fully clothed illegals swimming in the pool while my family is on vacation. My brother tells me to also avoid Boynton Beach mall as it's more of the same. I think I'll pay more money and stay someplace nicer next time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tailsock
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us, with all the hotel options out there we are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to accommodate your needs. We take pride in providing great service with every interaction. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The price is OK for that hotel standart. The room is OK although the AIr condition is noisy. Furniture is old fasion. The toilets were dirty. The bad is OK. Good for a one night stay but not more. Enough parking space for free.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank menachemle
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for your stay, we appreciate your feedback. Our focus is to continue to improve the property in all areas. We strive to provide a great experience and hope you can return in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 3 nights here. The staff seemed bothered if you spoke to them for any reason (checking in, breakfast) our room was clean, the bed was way to firm for my liking, and the pillows were too soft going flat. The parking is limited and we had to walk a way to get to our room. It's obvious they don't care about the cleanliness of the outside because the sidewalks and flower beds were covered in cigarette butts. The hotel is supposed to be smoke free, but the hall to our room reeked of marijuana each night we went to our room. Breakfast was limited, and not very good, and there was a lot of meth'd out looking people who would come in and to say overloaded their plates would be an understatement. We definitely won't return here

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Jessiebelle
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us, with all the hotel options out there we are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to accommodate your needs. We take pride in providing great service with every interaction. We do apologize for the experience and are aware of the opportunities. We are working diligently towards resolving these items. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I was offered a room with tile floors (no carpet) to assist with my allergies was a welcome treat.
How refreshing, room was clean, comfortable, bedding and mattress all good.

All cotton towels and face cloths

The included hot breakfast was fresh fruit, toast, sausages, scrambled eggs.
appealing to me with eggs (hard boiled) and the make your own waffles ....

Staff was very helpful and accommodating with making a few copies as necessary and directions to a notary

This "Inn" is under construction but still very clean and staff is very helpful.... I'll be back and report on the completed construction. <smile>

Room Tip: 3rd floor is good
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Macailla
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciated your patronage to our property. We take pride in providing a great guest experience and we are striving to update and upgrade the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

My cousin & I checked in on 4/25/17, part of our package deal through "Travelocity".. THANK YOU "Travelocity" for getting me out of that DUMP, where I would not have left even my 5 pups in that room! DISGUSTING!! I understand "under construction"..however..they should tear the building DOWN and start all over.... Broken curtains....(the rooms showed on website are INCORRECT!! Smelled...No batteries in smoke detector, broken/ripped shade on lamp between beds... No so-called "comforter" on top of bed as website shows...... Cracked toilet seat...crook-ed toilet! Once I saw the "ROACH" run across carpet...........I was OUT OF THERE and Travelocity booked me elsewhere!!! Sleep in your car.... Don't sleep at the Inn at Boynton Beach!!! YUK

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mystar89
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your experience. With any hotel we can not get better unless we hear the voice of the customer. I do apologize for the experience faced. We are working on upgrading and updating the property as we speak. We take pride in providing great service, great amenities at a reasonable price. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and hope we can earn your business in the future. Thanks.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boynton Beach
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
#2 of 14 in Boynton Beach
7.5 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Delray Beach I-95

Been to The Inn At Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!