I really wanted to give this property 4 stars but I have to give it a 3 after factoring in the shady guests that you'll encounter here. The Inn is very conveniently located right off of I-95 in Boynton Beach. The room was clean and the bathrooms were surprisingly modernized. The carpets were only moderately worn and the furniture/fixtures were decent. Complimentary toiletries are provided and I was given a razor which I forgot at home. The water was nice and hot. I communicated with the cleaning lady who did not speak good English that we were leaving for the day and to clean our room. She repeated the room clean twice to which I said "yes". I was very annoyed to return later that night and find the room was in fact not cleaned. Wi-fi was decent and hotel staff I encountered were polite.
A hot breakfast is provided free of charge in an adjoining room near the lobby. It featured stale biscuits, eggs that looked like small yellow pancakes, sausage, cereals, juice, and make it yourself waffles. We only ate here the first morning. A large spanish speaking family with 7 kids had tied up the waffle machine and used the rest of the batter guaranteeing that nobody else would be having waffles before 9am. It wasn't clear to me whether they were actually guests in the hotel or not.
There was a fairly decent pool guests have access to. We used it once after breakfast when there was nobody there. A bin that was supposed to have clean towels was completely empty. There were wet towels, abandoned sandals, and cigarette butts scattered around. This told me that the pool area wasn't being maintained. There is also ample lighting that the pool chooses to leave off after dusk. This means that it's completely dark out there after sunset. It's not clear why the hotel does this but it didn't stop a large family from having a blast while it stormed complete with thunder and lightning.
This leads me into the last portion of my review and that's the shady guests you can expect to see and bump into while you're here. Think carnival workers, some missing front teeth. Think bad credit. Think of people you'd expect to see at Wal-Mart after 10PM. Imagine all these people who wanted a cheap hotel room just like you did. People that look like they live off of fast food and beer and haven't slept in 3 days. They're EVERYWHERE. Outside lurking around in. Shirtless. Smoking cigarettes. You smell cigarette smoke everywhere and find the butts on the ground all over the place.
As a hotel in itself, I think it's fine. I'd stay here again based on this only. However, I don't wish to see fully clothed illegals swimming in the pool while my family is on vacation. My brother tells me to also avoid Boynton Beach mall as it's more of the same. I think I'll pay more money and stay someplace nicer next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether on vacation or business you ll find the Inn At Boynton Beach South Palm Beach County offers the best of both worlds. Combining comfortable and affordable lodging with a great location , conveniently located off Interstate I-95, scuba dive boats less then 1 mile away, just minutes from Palm Beach shopping along Worth Avenue or City Place, Delray Beach cruises are a short drive and over 20 of Florida s pristine golf courses within 5 miles. While staying at our hotel, you can spend a day deep sea or drift fishing, scuba diving or just enjoying the ocean beaches at Boynton Beach s Ocean Front Park or nearby Delray Beach and West Palm Beach . Our hotel is just 15 minutes from Palm Beach International Airport and 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport. The West Palm Beach Convention Center is 20 minutes away. Start your day with a unique breakfast experience at our Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. We offer free local phone calls, 24 hour fitness center and complimentary high speed internet access. End your day with our complimentary Manager's Reception every Monday through Saturday. Come visit Boynton Beach, FL soon, check out all we have to offer at The Inn At Boynton Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn At Boynton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Boynton Beach
- Holiday Inn Boynton Beach
- Boynton Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Boynton Beach