“Hoped for better”

Beach House Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The newly renovated Beach House Restaurant is a world class location situated directly on the beach with indoor and outdoor dining and sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico. Dine with your toes in the sand on fresh Florida seafood and a variety of menu items made with just picked produce from our own farm and fresh from the gulf seafood as well as sustainable seafood from around the world. Live music nightly, a full bar and beautiful sunsets make this a must do spot to visit during your vacation and for locals to visit regularly.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here with 2 other couples in March. The location is wonderful, Valet Parking and we were able to see a beautiful sunset. The food, another story. 2 in the party (including myself) got Crab Cakes which were more like bread with a little crab thrown in. The fried green tomatoes served with it didn't seem fried at all - not brown in the least. Both of our dishes with the Crab Cakes were lukewarm at best. 2 others in our party got the Scampi and said it was very good. We were all starving, so not wanting to hold up the rest of the party from eating we didn't say anything to the waitress. One other person got a seafood platter and said it was very spicy and he barely made a dent in it. The description (it was a special that evening) didn't mention anything about spice. The dish looked quite blah and colorless.

I would like to give this place another try, perhaps during lunch.

Guest S, General Manager at Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the crab and fried green tomatoes. I do hope that you will come back to see us and allow our servers to guide you to some dishes that might be a great choice for you.

Dave Gallagher, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,213)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful beachside location! 2 for 1 Happy Hour and multiple choices for apps, all delicious.
Excellent wait service. Crab cakes with fried green tomatoes are so good. Also, my husband loved the crab stuffed grouper.

I am glad to hear that you and your husband had a great meal with us. I do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Since they take no reservations, plan to either wait or come early. Once you are seated, expect good food and drink. Three of us went on March 28, the place was full by 6:15 both inside and out. Cooler inside. Ate wild boar and good margaritas. We love their graham cracker crusted key lime pie. Valet parking works and it is a tip....not a charge.

Peter,
Thank you for the great review. You were spot on with your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sadly this will not be a place of choice to stop for a drink or dine. The service at the outside bar was awful yesterday as both staff members cared more about themselves and counting their tips than tending to me (or anyone else) that was clearly waiting.

Having waited maybe 10 mins with no acknowledgement or anything, I had to ask if anyone was serving. I felt that I was the one in the wrong even for asking for that. The service lacks here and I shall not be returning or recommending this - and we were looking for places to hold an after wedding gathering here due to the location and fantastic view - not now!

I may have spent $17 which is nothing to be fair compared to most, but I would have spent a lot more (including discussing wedding info) if the service was on point and welcoming.

Thanks but no.

Amy,
I am sorry that you had a poor experience with us recently. I will make sure to speak with our bar staff to address your concerns. I do hope that you will give us another try to see that this is not the norm here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the outstanding view, the smiling and attentive staff, to seafood at its finest, we can’t say enough about this restaurant. It’s our go to spot when we entertain our guests. It is very handicap friendly.

1  Thank bl0wn

Thank you for being a continued fan of the Beach House. I am glad to hear that our staff has been able to consistently give you a wonderful experience with us.