“Great steamed oysters!”
Review of Mr. & Mrs. Crab

Mr. & Mrs. Crab
Ranked #218 of 295 Restaurants in Brandon
Reviewed 6 June 2020

My visit was actually a pleasant one. The restaurant was already packed at around 4:30 pm on a Thursday. I figured it must be good. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading a mix of favorable and unfavorable reviews. I can only say that the service was fantastic for takeout. I placed my order, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. They answered my questions about the spice level and the difference between the regular and manila clams. I didn't have to wait too long to receive my order. I was in and out within 15 minutes.

The meal was split between my mother and I. We got a dozen steamed oysters, and a make your own combo with mussels and clams. I chose the Mr. & Mrs. Crab sauce at a mild spice level. The mild was a little spicier than I normally get. It actually had a kick of heat without being overly spicy. The medium level would have been too much for me. Mom commented that she liked the seasoning but that it was too salty. I have to agree. It's the first thing that I noticed because I'm sensitive to that. There's nothing wrong with a lot of salt. Most people like that. I just can't have it very often. I'll have to go back and try the garlic butter sauce next time. Yes, there will be a next time. The oysters, clams, and mussels were a good size. The whole meal was reasonably priced for seafood. It's a very popular place.

Date of visit: November 2019
52  Thank KarenV87
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 27 January 2020

This restaurant opened in Brandon several months ago and my wife and I as well as another couple decided we would go there so that we could try another seafood restaurant in the area. The food was in a word TERRIBLE. I had fried oysters and the wife had some kind of fish. Neither one of us could finish the meal it was so bad. My wife has said to me several times since we ate there that she should have sent the meal back because it was so bad. None of us have been back since the initial visit and we will not be going back.

Date of visit: December 2019
6  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

Wonderful food, great service! Had about 20 minute wait on a Monday night- quite busy for 8pm. Very friendly staff, two managers came by to check on us. Once seated, food came fast and was absolutely delicious. We had the Combo A (king crab, lobster, and shrimp.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Rjackson938
Reviewed 13 January 2020

I really enjoy the food at this establishment and so do my kids. We have been three times and the first was the best. Second was a little crowded and the third was ridiculously crowded! Unfortunately, they need to do better with atmosphere. They have crammed so many tables in this building that you feel like you are having dinner right underneath others and crammed into our own table. Also, the blaring music was a huge problem! We could not hear each other talk and it was horrible dinner music. Complained about it 3 times and still nothing changed. Decided not to go back because of these issues.

Date of visit: November 2019
3  Thank jaxmilmom
Reviewed 10 January 2020

We decided to try Mr. and Mrs. Crab. Should have made a better decision for lunch.
The waitress was really good. That's all I can say that was good.
We tried a variety of items to test things out. Fried Fish, Crab cakes, Fried Shrimp, Fries and Mac and Cheese. The best things were the fries and Mac and Cheese and these were mediocre at best. Well, there was nothing BEST about this experience.
We should have turned around and left when we walked through the door and smelled grease. $45.00 later I really felt that way. The very nice waitress ask if we wanted a box to take the rest of the food home and we both said NO! This was an experiment to see how it rated to the Old Ranch House (same location) and now we know.
If you want clogged arteries and all that leads up to that - give it a try. It's not something we want to experience again.
Our waitress was very sweet and that is the best thing we could say about this restaurant. (The music they were playing all through lunch was a little ratchet but I sort of like that - unlike my companion. This is a huge fail! Lesson learned

Date of visit: January 2020