“5 Stars”
Review of Mr. & Mrs. Crab

Mr. & Mrs. Crab
Ranked #218 of 295 Restaurants in Brandon
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Our first visit was better than expected. Our sever Gina was phenomenal, the food fast and delish, and the Manager Maria even stopped by to check on us during our visit. I highly recommend this place for anyone that has a taste for seafood.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 5 September 2020

couldnt wait to try this place out..what a mistake! Food was terrible, everything cooked in the same " bag" its an unpleasant experience to eat out of a bag anyhow but then your corn is so overcooked it just squirts water when bitten into, shrimp over cooked, litte to no crab meat in the legs, we were swatting flies the whole time, had to ask for crackers, and they only brought one pair told us to share. Overpriced tiny cocktails, I left hungry! Food was that bad!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 6 June 2020

My visit was actually a pleasant one. The restaurant was already packed at around 4:30 pm on a Thursday. I figured it must be good. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading a mix of favorable and unfavorable reviews. I can only say that the service was fantastic for takeout. I placed my order, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. They answered my questions about the spice level and the difference between the regular and manila clams. I didn't have to wait too long to receive my order. I was in and out within 15 minutes.

The meal was split between my mother and I. We got a dozen steamed oysters, and a make your own combo with mussels and clams. I chose the Mr. & Mrs. Crab sauce at a mild spice level. The mild was a little spicier than I normally get. It actually had a kick of heat without being overly spicy. The medium level would have been too much for me. Mom commented that she liked the seasoning but that it was too salty. I have to agree. It's the first thing that I noticed because I'm sensitive to that. There's nothing wrong with a lot of salt. Most people like that. I just can't have it very often. I'll have to go back and try the garlic butter sauce next time. Yes, there will be a next time. The oysters, clams, and mussels were a good size. The whole meal was reasonably priced for seafood. It's a very popular place.

Date of visit: November 2019
52  Thank KarenV87
Reviewed 27 January 2020

This restaurant opened in Brandon several months ago and my wife and I as well as another couple decided we would go there so that we could try another seafood restaurant in the area. The food was in a word TERRIBLE. I had fried oysters and the wife had some kind of fish. Neither one of us could finish the meal it was so bad. My wife has said to me several times since we ate there that she should have sent the meal back because it was so bad. None of us have been back since the initial visit and we will not be going back.

Date of visit: December 2019
6  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

Wonderful food, great service! Had about 20 minute wait on a Monday night- quite busy for 8pm. Very friendly staff, two managers came by to check on us. Once seated, food came fast and was absolutely delicious. We had the Combo A (king crab, lobster, and shrimp.

Date of visit: January 2020