“DISAPPOINTING”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 25 August 2018

We have been staunch Babe's pizza "Followers" for years...Especially, their Deep Dish or Double Pizzas despite moving from the area 18 months ago. Soooo recently my son, his wife and our adult grandson with his date asked if we could trek over to Brandon from Lakeland for some Babe's pizza and of course, my wife and I caved in to their wish... Knowing if you do not arrive before 6PM you might have to wait a while, we arrived at 5:50 PM and walked right in... We were surprised. This may have been a forewarning of sorts, we learned on our own, which I will discuss further below. We ordered a Large double pepperoni & mushroom and single same w/extra cheese. When our pizzas came out my son & looked at both pizzas, looked at both pizzas and they amazingly looked Identical in size. My wife kept saying, "The double looks slightly bigger," but by comparison there was very little difference between the size of the two pizzas...The difference was definitely built-in to the price of course. The double was nothing to what we remembered in the past decade we had been patronizing Babe's... Like I said previously, the Extra Cheese single was within millimeters of being the same height as the double. We muttered back and forth "Something's changed...Changed in a big way."to save face with Company we partaked with the pizza again noting, the pepperoni on each pizza was "sporadic" at best and the mushrooms were "slivers" of mushroom not half or even whole mushrooms as before. Rick's cut'n corners or something's really changed with the preparation of their pizzas. Another notable item...neither pizza was "flavorful" as they had been in the past... My wife commented as we left, "I'm NOT coming back. THAT wasn't the pizza I remember!" On that we all agreed that would be our last trip to Babe's. A shame as we had had many a GREAT double pizzas over the past decade plus there.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of thin crust pizza but this was really good! Crisp crust and sauce was really tasty...hubby is a big fan of double decker pizza......would go there again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Long time red building on a side street turning out double crust pizzas and a great menu. Babes is perfect for the family or your favorite friends for an old fashioned pizza crave.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Perfect example of americana pizza joint just the right place for enjoying a pizza thick with cheese and a sweet delicious sauce...
The double decker is soooo good I wish they had a triple or a quad pie....
Oh and by the way the beer is icy cool ...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This isn't Pizza Hut... it's better. Many choices and the salad (the large one) is perfect for two couples to share. Place is run by a crusty old bald headed guy who always seems to be there to add to the ambiance, he is truly a "hoot".

We had the "double decker" and it is "lot of pizza"! Two pieces is my absolute limit.

Service was quick, friendly and they make the pizza "in sight".. note the double decker takes longer to bake (it isn't on a conveyor belt like chain pizza).

Food great, mom and pop atmosphere, and price reasonable with plenty to take home for later

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Babe's Pizza? Share your experiences!