“Tasty Gyro”

Pita's Republic
Ranked #115 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 November 2017

First time visiting, I had no idea what to try. Had the Mega Pita Platter. And it was mega -- more than I needed. The regular would have been enough.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I go at least once a week to eat lunch. It's quick, nice portions, and convenient to other shopping. Monday's is half off a Meatless Monday wrap, great when you've eaten too much on the weekend. I love their salads because it's served in a real bowl and I don't have to unwrap lots of little packets (dressing, croutons, seeds, etc.). I hate throwing away all the plastic containers you get at Chic Filet. You can customize what you want on it as they make it fresh. Gyros make up the other half when I need to be quick. Finally if I want to shop at JoAnne Fabrics, I'll just grab a smoothie and maybe Baklava.
The one lady at the counter is funny and remembers what I ordered. it's clean and you serve yourself drinks. I recommend it.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Actually, as far as Lebanese food goes, this one gives you a great bargain. I ordered the platter. It comes with the sandwich, a small Greek style salad and a side of potato salad. Not bad fpr less than $8. I also enjoyed the baklava.

Thank Michael Z. L
Reviewed 25 January 2015

If the restroom are like that, can't imagine how they keep the kitchen.
Owner very polite, employee clueless..

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Had a coupon for b1g1 gyro. I love a good gyro and normally frequent the acropolis, but hubby and I thought we would use the coupon and give it a try. First, they built the gyro upside down, putting the tomatoes and onions all under the meat, which there wasn't enough of. The meat itself wasn't nearly as flavorful as the gyros I'm used to, and the tzatziki sauce tasted bland, not enough of a bite to it. Overall, it was like getting a mcdonalds value burger compared to a gourmet burger at a nice sit down place. No comparison. I won't go back again, not going to waste my calories on something that doesn't taste that exciting.

Been to Pita's Republic? Share your experiences!