“Gastronomical Delight. Impecable service.”
Review of Osteria Rustica

Osteria Rustica
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Bunnell
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Northern Italian Fine Cuisine Table-side Specialty: Caesar-Salad, Imported Branzino (Mediterranean Sea-bass) Baked Sea-Salt Encrusted, Fiorentina Steak Porterhouse, Steak Diana, Banana-Foster & Zabaglione Dessert Homemade Pasta: Ricotta-Gnocchi, Ravioli, Pappardelle & Tagliolini Fresh Fish:Imported Branzino,Chilean Sea-bass,Tuna,Salmon,Lobster Prime Select Meat: Veal Chop, Veal Ossobuco, Pork Ossobuco Homemade Specialty Dessert Selection of Imported Italian Wine
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So, WHERE do I begin to describe the “experience” we had dining at Osteria Rustica last week?

-Do I describe the cozy intimate space where there is only room for those fortunate enough to get a reservation a few days ahead of time and where walk-ins cannot be seated?

-How can I begin to describe the gastronomic delights offered on the menu? Their descriptions make one salivate just reading them, but no way can they live up to the actual creation served up. Table-side constructions such as; the authentic Caesar Salad, the creamy risotto mixed inside an actual wheel of Parmesan cheese or the various flambé dishes, not only engage the diner with visual excitement and anticipation, but exceeds expectation as the flavors and textures explode on the tongue. The wine selection is extensive and features mostly wines from the various regions of Italy, a logical pairing with Italian food.

-Do I describe the professional “Old World” style of service, where beside one’s personal waiter, there is a staff filling water, serving/clearing plates, and always available to fulfill every need a diner may have in an instant? The owner himself meets and greets you and stops at your table to ensure everything is to your liking…not that he has ever gotten a negative answer to his enquiries, I’m sure.

Speaking of waiters, our personal waiter was Bryan. Bryan was professional, friendly, attentive and…familiar in some way. (The ladies in the party were affably teasing him on who he looked like; from a young Andy Williams, an Andy Garcia with short hair, to a hot Bradley Cooper! Ultimately we decided on Cooper and continued to call him “Bradley” throughout the evening. He took this in stride with a pleasantly shy smile and long-suffering silence.) Then near the end of the enjoyable evening, Bryan admitted he recognized me. He had waited on me and my sister three years before. What a memory; a handy trait to have as a waiter! It was at a different establishment, where it was his service and attentiveness and suggestion on a wine selection that made the meal memorable. Bryan even remembered the wine selection he suggested! It was a Meiomi Pinot Noir which perfectly complimented both of our diverse selections. I had a veal chop and my sister had fish.

Because of our fabulous experience at Osteria Rustica where we were celebrating my husband’s birthday last week, we decided to celebrate Easter dinner there on Saturday, as the restaurant is closed on Sunday. My sister will again be joining us along with her husband who is a true foodie and oenophile. We will not be embarrassed to bring him here.

…We have requested Bryan to be our server...

2  Thank Alex32137

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is very good, the service is changeable. We have had professional waiters as well as young kids. The price point is a little high for our area, but a nice change from the chain restaurants. Reservations preferred by owner.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We once again visited Osteria Rustica, specifically coming to the area to eat the wonderful food and enjoy the attentive (and superb) staff and the owner’s interactions.

Everything was, as usual, delicious and beautifully presented, from the table-side prepared Caesar salad, the risotto, the steaks, and deserts.

Such a jewel in an unexpected location!

HIGHLY recommended.

1  Thank mjmccoymd
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

What an amazing restaurant! From the food to the service it is the absolute best. Are server Brian was fantastic he was very knowledgeable from the food to the wine and his Caesar salad which he made tableside was the best we ever had! From the food to the service this has to be one of the best restaurants we've ever been to! Thanks for an amazing evening! We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank raecrutcher811
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This is the best Italian outside Boston's North end. The wine list is very well stocked. Don't be afraid to ask for a recommendation. The waitstaff definitely prides themselves in their work. They explain everything on the menu in detail.
This is much more than just a meal.
I hope to go before I return North this year.
If you don't visit you have made a mistake.

1  Thank Daniel96A