“Round of golf on Xmas day”

Royal Tee Golf Club
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

booked online, got confirmation, left phone #, showed up 1hr earlier only to be told that golfnow. com 'forgot to state that the club was actually closed'. But golfnow 'is great at get your money back'. Incompetence coupled with unprofessionalism by whomever. Avoid at any cost!

Reviewed 27 November 2015

In all my 35 years of playing golf, I have never been on such a poorly kept, desolate course as Royal Tee. The drainage is atrocious, with water at times covering the cart path. The tees have not been looked after and the greens are third class. The bunkers have little sand in them, but plenty of stones, and there are rakes on only about 3 holes. It is patently obvious that little to no money has been spent on the upkeep of this course and the clubhouse reflects this as well. For $45 per head there are many better courses in and around Fort Myers. If I had read some of the reviews on here first, we would have spared ourselves a really bad day out.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Absolutely the worst and unprofessional experience I have ever had. The owner is a male chauvinist pig and will NEVER receive a dime from our entire family. The owner and woman working are the rudest individuals I have met since I moved here. Too bad because we were scouting out courses to play since we are new to the area. The cart path was also miserable to drive on. Nothing but mud! If I ever hear that it changes hands, I may try again since it is close, but definitely not until that time. No wonder they weren't busy! I feel bad for the residents that live there. I certainly hope they ate treated better! If there was an option for zero stars, it would represent my experience even better than one star.

5  Thank lesv46
Reviewed 18 September 2015

With such a wide variety of golf courses to play in the area don't waste your time at Royal Tee. The staff is quite rude and for no reason other than I think they just want to demonstrate their authority. After reading reviews I am apparently not the only one who has had this experience. I will not be back.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I like the course layout, it usually opens only 2 of 3 nine hole courses. It is not recommended to go if there have been heavy rains as it has poor drainage. The pace of play is slow on the weekends, as it appears many of the members are terrible golfers. We teed off nearly an hour after the previous group and caught them by the seventh hole. There is no ranger in 5he summer, so play is glacial.

It does have a driving range, putting and chipping green available which is why I gave 3 instead of 2 stars. Cape Coral proper has only two non private 18 hole courses, so selection is limited.