“take out”

Lion King Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #242 of 468 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

my favorite Chinese take out. The rice is awesome. authentic, not your weird yellow tinted served at other places. Their crab Rangoon is awesome. My kids the general tsao chicken...

Reviewed 2 June 2016

If you want affordable, fast, and tasty Chinese takeout, this is it! All the other places I have tried in the area that deliver always serve yellow fried rice with crunchy veggies in it. This place has the best takeout fried rice, the best Crab Rangoon, and amazing dumplings! If you are looking for "close to authentic expensive Chinese food" without going to the restaurant and paying fancy restaurant prices then you have found it. This place has been around for years and they are still fantastic every time.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

For this type of restaurant it's very good, maybe not the best ever but much better than most. Has become our usual place to order from. Not quite as spicy as we would prefer but quite good nonetheless. Fast and seems like the ingredients are always fresh, well cooked and well packaged.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Me and my adult children were in the area and my son wanted Chinese take out. I asked Siri where is the closest Chinese take out and that was Lion King.

You never know what you are going to get from ANY Chinese take out place so I didn't know what we were going to get as far as quality, freshness and taste.

The first impression was good. The lady at the counter was friendly and her daughter was there and said "Ola" which was cute. We don't look Hispanic but I said "Hello" back.

We ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken combo, Beef w/Broccoli combo, Beef Teriaki sticks and Crab Rangoon. We walked down the strip center and took menus from the neighboring Mexican restaurant and also the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. The new Mexican place was busy (a good sign) and the Tropical Smoothie Cafe is very new but had no one. They even have a drive-thru.

Back to our Chinese food. The food was ready when we returned. Got home and took out the food. The bag was heavy by the way. They had the containers packed full of food. The appetizers were very good. Surprisingly, the Crab Rangoon was not overly greasy like I've had at other establishments. My son like the beef sticks. They looked good and tender.

Daughter had the beef w/broccoli. She went into her room and closed the door. I guess it was good because if it wasn't she'd say so. I had the sweet and sour chicken. It was very good, no thick batter on the chicken which I prefer. The rice was good too.

Overall, it was very good and I would return again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

I used to love this place. I would recommend to friends because it reminded me of good take out from NY. Lately the food has no taste. The wonton soup tasted like warm salt water. The final straw was my uncooked General Chous chicken. All the chicken was pink in the middle. I will upload a picture if the site allows me. It's a good thing I noticed. I could have gotten salmonella. I will never go there again.