“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Shrimp cocktail and conch fritter appetizers were good. Seafood pot pie had no flavor and the meatloaf item was ok but portion size is what should be on a children’s menu. For what you spend there you’d expect better. Too many good restaurants in Cape Coral to waste money at Rumrunners. Won’t return.

2  Thank C H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Just okay nothing I just have to try again.It is popular locally though. I suppose because you can sit outside and see a few boats. The dessert was good though!

1  Thank Yarcheka B
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Come to the Cape once a year and eating at Rum Runners is always on my lists of things to do. After driving 20 hours from
Ohio we decided to go to RR night one. What a horrible idea!! The parking was a train wreck- there were cars everywhere including the grass. Upon arrival I ordered a drink, my husband a water, and 4 kids drinks. My frozen drink took 20 minutes to arrive (at which time was half melted), two of the kids drinks came without lids, and my husband NEVER received his water. My husband ordered a steak for the kids and one for himself. Both were disgusting. The taste could best be explained as old expired rotting meat. The first waitress said it was a "blue cheese sauce" the manager tried explaining the taste away as " 21 one day dry aged". Both my husband and my father eat steaks often and both agreed it was the worst they've ever eaten. All four of my children refused to eat any of it. My husband was starving but out of fear of getting food poisoning deciding to come home and eat a lunchable. The managements way of rectifying the situation was to "meet us in the middle and comp one of the two $42 steaks" even though neither were eaten. After a short exchange both were removed but we were charged $4.50 for the fries that came with the steak . Other notable mentions about the trip:
*our waitress was unpleasant, and offered poor service. At the end of dinner she mentioned being sick with a sore throats and a cough.
*My second frozen drink I ordered when dinner arrived, we had to retrieve from the bar (half melted) ourselves after the bill came.
*The table next to us also had multiple issues and sent their meal back twice.
*Way overpriced especially given the portion size.

I'm not sure if management switched or what happen but we won't be back to my once favorite restaurant in the cape.

2  Thank aniederst
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Rumrunners is one of our favorite places for a special occasion. We recently visited Rumrunners with our friends who were visiting us for a few days. It was to be the highlight of their visit as we have eaten there with them on many occasions.
Unfortunately our dinner was not up to usual standards. Two of us had the fish pot pie that has always been so good in the past. This time the pot pie was flavour less and the vegetables were not cooked. We sent them back and ordered replacement dishes.
The service was also poor with our main courses arriving well before we had finished our starters. It was a big confusion of shuffling dishes with us responsible for for finding places for everything. We were so disappointed we mentioned our dissatisfaction to the person who was acting as the assistant manager and he made things worse by acting like it was our problem. He was not the least bit sorry for our bad dinner and was only interested in getting us out of there with as little cost to the restaurant as possible. It was a bad experience.
We will not give up on Rumrunners as we have be very happy in the past. We only hope their management spends more time and effort to select competent managers who will know how to deal with these situations.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The food we had was truly delicious. The drinks and beer were just as delicious. We had salads and soups and fish and it was all delicious everything on the menu looked amazing