Carrabelle Beach, an RVC Outdoor Destination
The Old Carrabelle Hotel(Carrabelle)(Great Value!)
US$117
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$169
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
US$169
US$299
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$102
Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites(Crawfordville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Priceline
Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn(Crawfordville)(Great Value!)
US$71
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$159
US$144
Orbitz.com
All reviewsrv resortacross the streetconcrete padscarrabelle beachlaundry roomgreat beachdog parknice rv parkpublic beachst george islandfull hookupsdog rungreat placeforgotten coastpicnic tablesclean restroomssmall store
Reviewed 2 July 2012

While stopping at a local grocery before heading over the bridge to our vacation rental on St. George Island, FL, we were overheard discussing our plans and were advised by folks at the market that there was a mandatory evacuation of the island and the bridge closed due to Hurricane Debby.
Audrey, a gem of an employee of the Carrabelle Beach RV park, took one of our cell phone numbers telling us that she thought they had a two bedroom cottage vacant. Having driven in from the Atlanta area (with no warning from our vacation rental agent - shame on you, Collins!) we were at the mercy of strangers for our group of 7 - including a four-year-old.
The cottage and the RV park were wonderful (I kept telling my "family" to think of our unit as one would a cruise ship cabin. Actually, the only downside was 7 sharing a bathroom, but we were thankful to have shelter during Hurricane Debby!
Our unit had two bedrooms - one with a double/queen bed and the other with two bunk beds. In the kitchenette/living area, an additional futon provided an additional bed. The unit had two tv's, a "fireplace", small fridge, cooktop, microwave, toaster oven, chairs and a fold down table. Outdoors at our cottage there was a nice deck and grill which we used while waiting for the evacuation notice for the island to be lifted and when it wasn't raining.
In addition to our unit, the activity center had foosball, a large flat screen tv, computer (it wasn't working but I contribute that to the hurricane), pool table, books and a full kitchen with all the implements. And tables and chairs and games. Outdoors, there is a nice pool with chairs and lounges. And a jungle gym area for the kids. And laundry facilities.
The RV park is across the highway from the beach and we did avail ourselves after the storms passed.
There is a convenience store on site and the staff is to be commended. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. The cabin was clean. They showed us newer units that have lofts where I would think kids would love to sleep. And these newer units have full kitchens with washer/dryer combos.
Again, we were most grateful to have a place to stay! We ended up having a delightful three nights there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KSBelle
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The park itself is beautifully landscaped. Any contact I had with the office or staff was pleasant.
Did not get to use the pool since unfortunately it rained the three days that we were here; however, it looked beautiful and clean. Plenty of area to walk the dog and more than adequate amount of stations providing bags and disposal bins. The beach is literally across the road and appeared to be one of the nicer areas had it not rained continually. My only complaint is the parking. Our rv is only 30 ft and we pull it with a long bed Dodge truck and it was all we could do to try and fit it on the slab with the RV. I would recommend they do away with some of the beautiful landscaping and add more concrete to accomodate the tow vehicles. I would definitely go back. I would like to experience the sun, the beach, and the pool. Two Al's restaurant is also recommended for their breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BayouGirl1014
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed in an owner's cottage for 2 nights - the last 2 nights of our 2-week house hunting Florida trip. The cottage was much smaller than the cottage shown in the website pictures but really cute. It was narrow, much like an RV, and that was OK with us, because we may own an RV one day, and one reason we stayed here was to see what it was like to stay in an RV park. We certainly were not expecting hotel rooms so we did not mind being a little cramped. The decor was very cute. Everything was provided for us: fridge, microwave, towels, dishes, etc. There was a tv in the sitting area and a tv in the bedroom area. Our cottage had a queen bed in one room and four bunk beds in another room. The air conditioning worked really well. There was good water pressure in the shower. You got your own parking space, a spacious deck and grill, and even a swing on your porch. We were fairly excited at first. This was a nice change of pace. But that excitement wore off. The whole time we felt filthy. First thing you notice are the flies! And more flies! Everywhere! In your shower as you try to take a bath, in your bed as you try to sleep. Then you take your shoes off and realize how dirty the floors are. Our feet were so black from walking on the dirty floors that we had to wear socks. The easy chair in the sitting area was filthy and covered in sand. The small dining table was sticky. The bed felt dirty. And we paid a hefty cleaning fee of $35, too!! It was as if they walk in and make your beds and leave, period! Also, a fairly busy road runs right beside the cottages so we listened to cars and motorcycles vroom vroom by all night. I couldn't sleep the first night. I was seriously considering cancelling the 2nd night and going into Apalachicola to stay at the Water St Hotel we stayed at last year and loved (see my review), but we were only staying two nights, were spending most of the day in Apalachicola, the Hotel was booked up, we probably would not get the 2nd night refunded, blah blah, so we let it go. We couldn't track them down anyway! They were supposed to open the office at 8 am but didn't. We came by at 8 am, went down to 2 Als at the Beach, had breakfast, came back around 9 am, they still were not there, so we went on to Apalachicola for the day. When we came back we were tired and didn't feel like an unpleasant exchange with anyone. We just asked about the keys (they say to drop the keys off at 8 am and then there is an inspection - what if you need to leave before 8? And then, what if they are not there at 8 like they are supposed to be....??) ANYWAY! They let us check out before 8 am. The staff is friendly. We had a long 13-hour drive back the next day, so I just focused on going to sleep, and we tried to look at the positive. It is a nice location directly across from the ocean. All you do is walk across Hwy 98 down a path to the beach. Look both ways crossing the highway! Make sure you have insect repellent on you because the flies will stick to you like crazy. You can even walk down the beach to 2 Als at the Beach Cafe (see my review). There is a nice picnic area right across from the RV park. I did not have time to use the pool, but it looked nice. I am going to be generous and give this place 4 stars. I really should give them 3 stars, but really all the place needs is a good cleaning. Otherwise, it was really cute and well-equipped and nice location. You do not get a full ocean view, but you can see the ocean through the trees in the distance. I don't think we will return to stay in a cottage, but if we ever own an RV, we would certainly consider returning. I stress again: Housecleaning needs major improvement. They can't post a follow-up comment on Tripadvisor saying they have not had complaints before, because there is another review right here on Tripadvisor from 2011 that mentions this very same issue about the dirty floors and ants (with us it was flies). I am sure this has happened more than twice. So this is nothing new and any follow-up comment saying that we should have brought it to their attention in the few hours we were there....well, look, we came by at 8 am when they were supposed to open, they were closed, we came by at 9 am, still closed, we weren't going to spoil our only day there trying to track them down. And we shouldn't have to! Now let's not be children. It is very basic: they should know to clean the place thoroughly. It is not hard to mop a floor and spray some Raid around the place. That is their responsibility. Now I am going to click "submit" before I change my mind and lower the 4 star rating to 3 stars!

Room Tip: Make sure your cottage is clean before you settle in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank RootlessRoamer
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We only live 1/2 hour away but when we get a new camper we like to come here for a test run. We first came here with a pop-up about 5 years ago. It was before the expansion. This time we are here with our travel trailer. We like to come here for our test runs because the campground store has rv parts, which came in handy this time because the sewer line that we had was too short. problem solved at the store. I told the man when I made the reservation that we would be travelling with a 3 year old and 2 dogs. He picked us the perfect spot-right by the pool, playground, and bark park. Everything is beautifully landscaped and very clean. Bathroom is nice-showers have separate changing room. Beach across the street is added bonus!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The moment we pulled in to this park with our motor home, we noticed the beautiful landscaped sites-palm tree, grasses, flowers-just lovely. Although the sites are small, they all have a view of the Gulf of Mexico right across the street. The path to the beach is across the entrance to the park. There is a nice pool with a beautiful deck.
We will stay here again and as a matter of fact, added a night to this stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends