“Delicious Dinner, Relaxed Atmosphere ”

Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza
Ranked #4 of 734 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I brought our four kids here for dinner. We called ahead to find out about their gluten free options. They have a GF pizza, although there is some cross contamination because their oven is dusted with flour, and pasta on the menu. My daughter ate her entire 10" GF margherita pizza - it was so delicious and she loved it! My husband and I shared the crab mascarpone ravioli in vodka sauce and it was fabulous. We had a Stella Cidre with it and that was yummy too. We also had a regular margherita pizza - very thin crust, tasty sauce, cheesy, and wonderful! Don't forget to get some gelato. We tried four different flavors and they were all so yummy. The service was fantastic and we had a wonderful dinner. Highly recommend!

1  Thank miscellani
Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Exceptional food, wonderful service! Definitely expect to gain a couple pounds, though! Lol. I'm a VERY particular eater and found myself unable to say no to my family member's offer for tastes of their food-- dishes I normally wouldn't try. Everything was phenomenal!!

1  Thank jle419
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This small and busy pizza place is always packed! The service is friendly and surroundings are very Italian. They have beautiful lights outside all year long which keeps up the beautiful setting. Our pizza was wonderful and so fresh tasting. The cold beer helped too. I just love this place!

1  Thank Linnielu
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Hubby and I were vacationing in Florida and had read in a Tourism Florida booklet about Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza so we knew we had to try it out. We were staying in the St. Pete's Beach area so the drive was about 45 minutes but it was worth every single minute.

We started out with bruschetta and hubby also ordered a house salad. Both were large servings and very tasty.

Of course we had to have a coal fired pizza so we started with a Margherita and added toppings to it. Delicious is the only way to describe it.

We had really hoped to have some of their homemade gelato but we were both stuffed. The good news is that when our waiter brought the bill, he brought us each two different gelato samples to try. MMMMMmmmmmm what a great way to end a meal.

One more important thing to share: the wait staff were many in number and every single one of them were friendly and helpful. We had our main waiter (wish I could remmber his name because he was awesome) who checked on us many times throughout our dinner. Thing is, all the other wait staff were equally helpful and always checking in to see if we wanted a soda refill or more napkins or whatever. Cristino's...CONGRATULATIONS on having some of the best wait staff we've ever encountered.

Will we go back .... next time we're in Florida we will DEFINITELY be back!!!!

1  Thank justjo008
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Nice thin crust pizza. Service was outstanding and food was freshly prepared. Pretty good value for what I spent.

1  Thank TJC22