“Raw Fish”

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Get food delivered
Ranked #32 of 34 Quick Bites in Clermont
Description: Popeyes®, Where Slow Cooking Meets Louisiana Fast®- Our menu features our famous Bonafide® Chicken, Handcrafted Tenders, delicious Seafood options, Red Beans and Rice, Buttermilk Biscuits and more.
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Raw fish. Safety hazard. Today on my lunch I decided to grab something different. So I went to Popeyes which was a super long wait. Still I waited 15 min to order and I got a fish sandwich thinking I hadn't had a good fish sandwich in a while but I like their chicken sandwich so it will probably be delicious WRONG. It was raw. I realized this after two bites. I turned around went back and waited in line another 15 minutes to tell them what happened. I understand it wasn't intentional so I just asked for another sandwich (to give to my husband as my appetite was ruined) instead of making them go through the hassel of a refund. The staff didn't apologize once. The manager on duty was at the window and when I asked for a number to reach out about the situation she ran off to get it but never came back. She then made the drive thru attendant assist me. She brought a hand written "store" number to call..when I asked who the number belonged to the drive thru lady had to go back and ask the manager who was now avoiding me. She came back and said it's for the gm. I asked what is the gms name and she again left and came back with a name I unfortunately couldn't understand.
At this point I'm very upset because
A. Raw fish. Ew.
B. The managers behavior
C. Their unwillingness to care that they could have made me sick from eating their sandwich.

I called the number she gave me and no surprises but it wasn't answered. I since called corporate which has a call center who creates a case for me. Not sure where this will go but I wouldn't eat here. I trashed the replacement sandwich and will not eat here again.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 8 June 2020

Obviously, as a result of the impact of COVID-19, we are utilizing Drive-Thru primarily. That being said, the Popeyes Drive-Thru is usually very busy. However, we have moved through the Drive-Thru at this Popeyes pretty fast. The Spicy and Mild Chicken is very fresh and tasty. The Spicy Chicken Wings are not always available because of its popularity; but we still enjoy the mild Chicken Wings. The Fried Shrimp is also delicious. We have had enjoyable experiences at this Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on many occasions.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 28 May 2020 via mobile

I have been to this Popeyes twice in the last 6 months and both times the service was horrible. The employees are overwhelmed and both times the same young man at the counter is frantic, overwhelmed and yells at the customers to be patient and gives the impression that the whole place is out of control even though not one customer is even complaining and the place isn't even that busy. It's kind of like he is paranoid and trying to pro-actively yell at customers before they yell at him which is not the kind of service I want to see. I feel bad for him because this same guy was doing the same routine both times I was there, months apart. Besides the very SLOW service, both times they were out of so many things...no condiments, no straws for drinks, out of certain menu items (and no I'm not even talking about the popular chicken sandwhich). I left the first time after seeing how much of a cluster the place was after 15 minutes standing in line watching customers get yelled at and told they were out of stock of so many things. I went to the bathroom before I left and it was disgustingly dirty. It is obvious that this Popeyes has a huge lack of managerial control and if this location is a franchise I am amazed this current owner is allowed to continue to run this Popeyes into the ground.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 19 March 2020

I was having my car repaired nearby, but not so nearby anything that I could walk to lunch. The dealership offered to have an employee take me to get lunch, and this was the first thing we passed. Unfortunately, it was while the chicken sandwich was still a novelty, and the wait was incredibly long. I was afraid the driver was going to leave me it took so long. People waiting were angry and had no problem venting to the employees behind the counter - it was a pretty ugly scene. They needed more help. Maybe they've figured that out since then?

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

Canes to this Popeyes in clermont on Sunday 3-15-20 around 2 :30 in the afternoon was not busy at all and they messed my order up I wanted a 2 pice combo. Spicy breast and the gave me wings took it back to counter do not know if he was a shift manager or the manger gave me a hard time about the order even tho i had the receipt with me and they also messed up the person order who was with me they wanted a 3 piece combo chicken tenders gave him a 3 piece wing thigh and leg. And it was not even fresh it tasted like both orders were cooked up from that morning very rubbery and cold I will never ever come back to this popeyes ever again Customer service is horrible the owner of this location needs to get rid of its Management staff even the young lady at counter was rude and not friendly at all good luck to this location Never ever again will visit any other location except this one

Date of visit: March 2020