“Comfy”

Holiday Inn Express Clermont
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Very nice reception, friendly & informative. Room was quite nice, beds were excellent, very clean. The atmosphere was quiet, disliked getting up ;0) ... very nice. Breakfast was the normal fare, but fresh & hot. Too tired to use the gym so can't help you there.
Military discount so nice.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I really thought about my rating and decided on 3 stars. Probably would give 3.5 if I could. I would definitely stay again if I was able to secure a good price. I had booked this hotel at a rate that dropped by a significant amount a few days before my stay so I cancelled and rebooked at the lower rate. First, front desk personnel was very friendly and efficient upon checking in. They also had one of our rooms available an hour early so we were able to get settled. I was supposed to get a call when the second room was ready, but didn't. But no harm done. My room was clean but did have a medicinal odor. The other room did not have the odor. The business "center" was not available for printing and our ice machine on our floor was not working. I also did not have a microwave in my room but there was one in the other room. Those are the reasons for my 3 stars. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, beds comfortable and breakfast ok. Very happy beds were queen beds. Coffee was available into the night. It was a convenient location with many food places and major stores available to shop. Like I said, I would stay again if I was able to secure a good rate.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear IrishChief,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness, our staff, breakfast and the bed.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the business center and room amenities. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I have family in the area, and we've always stayed at the HIE. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, and the rates reasonable. This time around, the rate was almost double what we paid last March… but still the least expensive rate within a 20-minute drive or so.

We had problems with our reservation, made through Booking.com. It took all weekend to straighten the problem out, but after several missteps, the hotel did come through. We also found the free breakfast wasn't up to the standard set during our past visits.

We've written these issues off to new owners getting settled in, and will probably continue to stay here. But if the nearby Hampton drops their rates just a bit, we may have to rethink it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clermont, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Dear PBCGuy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that your overall stay was to your satisfaction. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear your difficulties you had experienced with your reservation and if we were not able to deliver a good breakfast experience during your stay. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

We stay in Clermont to visit family. Great hotel for a quick trip. Clean, small, comfortable. Breakfast is included. Slightly pedestrian, but gets the job done. Not a gourmet restaurant. Cereal, omelets, juices, breads, pancakes and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Whenever the juice cooler ran, the air conditioning would run uninterrupted, super cooling the whole lobby and breakfast area. I told the receptionist that the air conditioning thermostat was too close to the juice cooler and that the warm air from the back of that cooler spooked the thermostat. The amazing answer was that they knew about the problem but that the juice cooler could not be relocated because of the water plumbing. Her answer was just a copout and was factually incorrect because the "plumbing" was flexible tubing. (I am an engineer and know better). This is not the maintenance level I would expect from an almost $200 per night hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator if you want a quiet room