“B-B-B-B-Bad to the Bone!”
Review of Uncle Kenny's BBQ

Uncle Kenny's BBQ
Get food delivered
Ranked #6 of 215 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Like that B-B-B-B-Bad George Thorogood song this B-B-B-B-Q IS B-B-B-B-Bad to the Bone!

BBQ makes me SO glad I am not a vegan!
GREAT BBQ makes me sing!
I am singing now!

Let's get right to the chorus, er, review...
I took a day drive to Clermont to do some business. At noon, feeling that familiar grumbling in my tum it was time to find a cure.
Under the iconic Citrus Tower is where I found Uncle Kenny's!

This place IS the real deal! If that wonderful oaky smoky smell doesn't lure you in, then the succulent sweetness on the breeze will. I LOVE it!

I was greeted and treated to a seat by Pam. She immediately took my drink order and made a few recommendations. As soon as she said "Ri" I was sure of what I wanted, but I listened happily as the rest of her words were uttered. "Ribs", she said. I wholeheartedly agreed!

Don't you just love that mouthwatering anticipation feeling as you sit patiently, waiting for your first glimpse of YOUR plateful of plenty?
OH! how rewarding it was, as Pam slid MY ration of ribs into place!

Opting for just a half slab, sizzling before me were 3 succulent looking mighty fine pieces of meat. My fingers trembled slightly as my first bite was imminent. Drawing closer, a bouquet of fire and smoke curly swirled about me as I inhaled the scents..
One word. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I gazed in wide wonder at the joy I had found!
(Thanks Mr. Thorogood! AND now Uncle Kenny!)

I 'thorough'ly enjoyed each and every bite. Indeed.

After savoring the sauces and succulence of my menu selection, I was treated to a 'tour' of the place.
That's when I learned Uncle Kenny's has a downstairs area!
Downstairs! In Florida.
It was there, amongst the additional seating and back stage kitchen areas that I met the proud namesake of this quintessential 'Q' joint.
I met Uncle Kenny himself!
We talked like we'd known each other for years. I learned some of his backstory. His years of competition BBQ and some of his inspirations.

Uncle Kenny asked IF I'd tried the 'Dirty Rib'?
I had not.
He went on to explain that it is kind of an off menu item but it is listed in a few places. It's a deep fried rib with a special sauce applied generously.
Uncle Kenny took me to the front by the kitchen and got me a sample Dirty Rib to try. How cool is that?
Let me tell you what! Deep Fried Rib? That process locks in a lot of moisture giving this Dirty Rib a great texture and an easy bite! It was a magical thing.

Back to the song.
I'm here to tell ya that Uncle Kenny's is B-B-B-B-Bad to the Bone!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (452)

Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

I have lived in Clermont for four years and just discovered Uncle Kenny’s. These were the best wings I’ve had since moving from Pennsylvania. The hot chicken was crazy good. And the pork egg rolls were killer good.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 22 October 2020

I am a rib fanatic and I gotta tell y'all to stop here for some succulent ribs with fabulous sauce

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 August 2020

Uncle Kenny's provides great BBQ at competitive prices. I've been eating there for years and have never had a bad meal.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 5 August 2020 via mobile

I lived in Nashville for 2 years, and one of the things I miss most about Nashville is the hot chicken. We go to Uncle Kenny’s all the time because we love they’re bbq egg rolls (to die for). I never tried the hot chicken because I didn’t want to be disappointed, but I was craving it and thought what the heck. I WAS BLOWN AWAY! Uncle Kenny’s hot chicken oil is perfect. A lot of people get the oil wrong, but it was spot on. The chicken was perfectly coated, crispy, seasoned well. Absolute home run. I would go out on a limb and say it’s better than Hattie B’s which is a bold statement. If you like Nashville hot chicken, try Uncle Kenny’s. You’ll thank me. Service was also very fast, and extremely friendly. They are following mask & glove sanitation guidelines, and make you feel safe eating from there which is much appreciated during these times.

Date of visit: August 2020