“Highlight of our trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ron Jon Surf School

Ron Jon Surf School
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Cocoa Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn how to surf at this surfing school.
Fredericton, Canada
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We took our 2 sons aged 13 and 14 to Ron Jon's on the recommendation of friends who had been there and were not disappointed! The instructor Larry was great with the kids; high energy, great teaching and lots of patience. The boys loved the experience! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Visited March 2012

Jupiter
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“There ius no way you dont know about this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Ron Jon is the Surf Fashion Mecca of the world.
First, there are a crazy amount of billboards along the highways pointing you there, finally the place is huge, 2 stoys of bikinis, board shorts, high end beach and surf attire, and dirt cheap t shirt bargains. yo need to go at least one time to see this place. it is directly on Coco Beach.

Visited April 2011
Mechanicsville, Maryland
“extraordinary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Eric my instructor was happy confident and full of good comments!The people in the office and ladies were nice when I booked Was not clear about only cash policy good thing I did not shop first. As ex military, a women and forty-five they were fun and i felt about ten feet tall as a drove home I actually got up on the board about ten times.Beyond fun and I felt spritual as i had'nt in a long time...Yes i am hooked.I would say maybe go as far as life changing...Can not be explained in a book.

Visited December 2011
North East, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Great Confidence Booster!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Five years ago, I signed up for surf lessons with my 8 year old daughter. Our instructor was an enthusiastic young man who had us standing on the boards and cruising to shore within an hour. Of course, my daughter learned faster--kids usually do--but I got the hang of it! When our hour was over, we opted to keep going. We spent two hours trudging/swimming to where the waves were forming, hanging out waiting for a great wave, madly paddling to get momentum, then get 'popping up' as we caught it, and either riding to shore--or falling off! We were hooked! Two hours might be a bit much for beginners, but it's such a cool thing to do, we didn't want to quit. I have to admit, after two hours we were exhausted--but happy. Surfing isn't a skill everyone can master, but everyone can enjoy. You should be comfortable in the water, be a fairly strong swimmer, and be in reasonably good shape. The most physically demanding part of surfing was the 'popping up' move. Once you learn it, it's effective to practice it at home before going surfing subsequent times. Getting that move to be fluid will really help your surfing ability. We had such a good time, we've returned every year since for more lessons. Last year, my daughter (who is now 13) attended a summer day camp at Ron Jon's. By the end of the week, every kid in that class could really surf! She wants to go to surf camp again. It's a skill that you feel very proud of accomplishing. Have you ever heard of a surfer who WASN'T cool?!??!

Visited June 2011
Royal Oak, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great shop for all your beach needs, and the prices match the cheap beach shops, but better quality.

Visited January 2012