“Graduation night celebration!”

Ortanique on the Mile
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortanique on the Mile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 370 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Salzedo & Miracle Mile (Coral Way)
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My nephew graduated from Miami U. Great ceremony so had to make sure the restaurant meet the occasion. Ortanique was a great choice wonderfull place with deliciously different dishes for all 7 of our palettes. Would deffently make reservations small quient and busy.

ashley h, Manager at Ortanique on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Congrats to your nephew! We thank you for selecting Ortanique on the Mile to celebrate such a special occasion. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I started with the Red Stripe Beer Steamed Mediterranean Mussels ($15). I was served a spicy Red Stripe broth towering with shallots, scotch bonnet pepper, tomatoes and Jamaican thyme. It was, as expected, delicious. The clams were huge; the largest I've seen here in South Florida. Truth be told, the broth was the star of the show for me.

After pursuing the menu for a moment, I chose a dish I know well; the Baked Brie Salad ($12). This simple yet not-at-all basic salad comes on a triangle of puff pastry with baby field greens, toasted almonds, julienned Granny Smith apples and a lavender honey drizzle. A perfect sweet and savory union.

Thanks for reviewing us! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I have a lot of cookbooks. Way too many, which I keep giving away. So when I eat a dish so good I actually think maybe I should buy the restaurant owner's cookbook, that's saying something. I had that experience recently when my husband and I had lunch at Ortantique. We are relatively new Miami Beach residents, and we are just exploring the offerings outside of the Beach. Ortantique specializes in upscale Caribbean food. The menu was enticing, but the two-course lunch special was both enticing and a good deal. We sat outside because it was another Beautiful Day in Paradise, but the interior was exotic and would be fun at night. We both had the trout, marinated and then lightly grilled, over rice and a light sprinkling of beans and some great spices. Loved it. For starters we had a perfect Caesar salad and a delicious bowl of white bean soup. Our server was knowledgable and charming. Perfect lunch. I'm still thinking about that cookbook.

ashley h, Manager at Ortanique on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for giving us a chance! We hope this experience entices you both to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

For starters, I was disappointed because they had ran out of the pumpkin soup, but were pleasantly surprised by our entrees - boulabaise and the cod both were good. Their menu is limited, however they will customize an entree to meet your dietary restrictions. For dessert we went with our server's recommendation, the bread pudding, one taste was enough not to eat it! The pudding was hard difficult to cut with a spoon. Overall I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon. On a positive note, our server was very pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Ortanique offers Caribbean fusion dishes and drinks and staff in this restaurant is used to catering to patrons that are dining before shows at the Miracle Mile Theater. Ortanique is also a great restaurant for lunch. I recommend parking in one of the garages on the back since parking on Miracle Mile is limited.