“The Spice of Life in Coral Gables”

Ortanique on the Mile
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortanique on the Mile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 372 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Salzedo & Miracle Mile (Coral Way)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ortanique is an eclectic Caribbean upscale restaurant, award winning chef/owner combo. If you like spicy, fruity, avant-garde chic this place is for you. It is not to be missed, unmatched in what it does. If you don’t like spicy and crowded this is not for you, however.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

In a city where restaurants come and go, Ortanique has been around since the 1990s.
I think of it as combining tropical flavors with a really good wine list -- rather the best of both worlds. All the food is excellent . . . but I particularly recommend the jerk-rubbed foie gras. Yumm.

ashley h, Manager at Ortanique on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We also appreciate the recommendation and look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Delicious meal and great service. Need I say more?

If you don't find an immediate street spot then parking is best by valet.

Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I liked the ambiance. Food was good my crab cake was missing a little more spice... and crunch probably a hint of scotch bonnet pepper. I’m Jamaican so my expectation was higher than what I tasted. The fillet was delicious.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

This place is definitely something some people like and others dont...I personally loved it but some of my coworkers were iffy about it.

We appreciate the candid and honest feedback, Chris. We're sure glad we're on your good side.