“No reservations to a party of 5”
Review of Hillstone

Hillstone
Ranked #17 of 374 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

What is the difference to a party of 4 to a party of 5?.... reading all these reviews major complaints are related to new restaurant policies, that for my understanding are not working.. food is really great but their hostest and the way they handle reservations are definitely not! I believe that they should treat large parties much better since they spend obviously More money into the restaurant, my last visit very disappointed and actually they don’t care if you walked away!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We were a party of six with 2 kids. We called when we were in a 5 minute distance and were told we could come. There would be a table waiting for us.
When we got there, 5 minutes later, we were told there was a 45 minutes waiting time.
We, of course, left. We don't like to be treated as idiots.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends, the service is great everyone is so friendly and accommodating and the food is so good, put your diet on hold and go for the ribs you will not be disappointed, but if your not in the mood for meat, try the salmon you will not be disappointed, can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Walked into Hillstone today as we have for approximately 15 years with my immediate family. Party of 8. We approach the hostess and asked to be placed on wait list. We were graciously informed that corporate policy has changed and only six people will be allowed to sit in the largest tables. Taken aback and surprised we have to decide which family members will sit together and who will be cast out. Very difficult task given we are family and all equally loved. We almost walked out but my daughters decided to sit by themselves. (At a minimum corporate should have allowed an exception while they made new policy public)

It’s been a family ritual to go to Hillstone’s a few times a month. My kids have grown up there and the staff has become extended family. But unfortunately this policy will more than likely change our monthly ritual of visiting Hillstone often. The simple choice of Family above Hillstone.

Not sure why the change of policy. It’s been working for 15 years and never been an issue serving 8 tops. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But apparently some corporate folk with no boots on the ground made the decision. I poled most of the servers and they are in disagreement with new policy. As I’m sure all the other 8 tops that have been loyal customers. Of which I know many. Bad business decision.

Actually the food is still good. And the waiters have faithfully and efficiently taken care of us for many years. And it would be devastating not to go back. But again Family over Hillstone.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is a large restaurant with an open kitchen. An excellent service and attention from all personnel. The restaurant´s decoration and atmosphere are of first class. Very crowded at lunch time. Excellent quality of food. I ordered pork ribs, delicious! I also had one of the best sushi I've tasted! Medium range prices, $35 per dish of ribs. Highly recommended!