“Good first impresion”
Review of Tap 42

Tap 42
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap 42 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 374 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Pouring the best craft beer in South Florida. 42 Craft Drafts, 1 Rotating cask. Now Open in Fort Lauderdale & Boca Raton.
Reviewed 29 April 2018

First try, menu showed great potential. Service was friendly and helpful, valet was up front. The food was fresh and well executed. Ribs were tender, the sweet potato fries were thick cut. Vegan fried rice was unique and very tasty. Worth a second trip in a very competitive area of town.

AndyYeager, Owner at Tap 42, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Jerry,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is sincerely appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andy@Tap42.com

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely appalling ! Had a delivery from Tap 42, lettuce cup dish. Found an insect in my lettuce. Unacceptable !!!

AndyYeager, Owner at Tap 42, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Firstly, we want to apologize for your recent experience with Tap 42. Unfortunately, it appears we may have missed the mark with your experience. Nichole, the General Manager, would like to discuss with you further about your visit if you could please email her at Nichole@tap42.com. Once again, our sincerest apologies.

Andy@tap42.com

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Tried it twice, once with a tour and went back on our own. I had the Chimichurri Skirt Steak both times and it was excellent. My wife had the Grilled Salmon Zen Bowl, which she really liked. The place is loud. We sat in the back, but were sort of drowned out by two other tables. Drink prices in the area are generally high, and tap42 is no exception, but they're good. The bar got my martini order mis- interpreted, but after we got it squared away, we were fine. Service is good.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Today my friend had her bridal shower at Tap 42 at the Coral Gables location in Miami, FL and as we were celebrating my friend received a disturbing text from her daughter that said there was a man at the bar that kept staring at her and her friends one of which was my 12 year old daughter! Please know the 3 girls are 12-16 years of age! They had already notified their waitress who did or said nothing to him,management or the bridal shower party!!!!!! He even tried sparking a conversation with my daughter. Before I found this out my friend left the bridal shower and spoke to the girls and also asked the man (mid to late 40’s) to stop because the girls are minors. After it continued we went to speak with the men and the manager Nicole Koulouvaris came to us and we told her what happened and very condescendingly stated she will talk to him!

My friend and I went back to the bridal shower and requested to pay for our food so that we can leave. Another lady in the bridal shower party stated Nicole told her our kids should’ve been eating alone. Not knowing who he was I walked up to Patrick Bilyk and asked for the telephone number to their corporate office and he said he was the general manager and could assist me. When I told him what had occurred he told me “THIS IS A PUBLIC PLACE AND THE MAN CAN LOOK WHEREVER HE WANTS TO” so I then asked for the number yo corporate several times and was refused so I told him that I would be filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and he said go right ahead I’ll give you my card if you want to file a complaint you can email me. He walked off and I asked the waitress what was his name he rudely walked back to me and said his name is Patrick and then gave me both Nicole and his business cards.

The soon to be bride walked up and asked what was going on and rather than put a damper on her day I said nothing and walked Sara to the table to get the girls so that we can have valet get the car; the hostess asked about our experience and as we were talking to her Patrick walked up and pretended to be doing something to listen to us then told us the we had eaten and paid and he didn’t want us talking to the hostess and that we had to leave!!!! He even told us that he was gonna call the cops to ban us from the establishment! Needless to say Neither Or I ate and our food was in to go containers on the table because I was walking them out so that I could go back for the food!

My receipt totaled $63.11 with gratuity that I didn’t ask to be added to the check; I was only paying for two people! I currently have a $2.95 and a $75.73 charge pending on my debit card!!!!! Why am I being over charge and paying for food I never got and not only that. Forcefully paying for gratuity when our minor children were made to feel unsafe and not one person there waitress, manager, or general manager did anything to rectify the situation or show any empathy! Had those girls been Hispanic or White they would have asked that man to leave or offer the girls another booth! The waitress could’ve said something to anyone in the bridal shower!

In all what we took from this event was as African Americans we can spend our money, pay for services and food we didn’t receive but we must shut up and accept any type of rude disrespectful behavior that is shown to us whether it is a customer or staff member of Tapco Restaurant Group LLC.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Fun, lively spot. A tad loud. The staff will be a part of a terrific experience, though. Good food. They have a quinoa salad, with seafood. We went with salmon. It was excellent. Their beers are excellent, too. Suggest you go early, to avoid the crowds (unless you like that sort of thing)????

AndyYeager, Owner at Tap 42, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi there!

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andy@tap42.com