“Canoed hear some years back... but it was truly relaxing”

TNT Hideaway Day Tours
Reviewed 15 March 2017

There is nothing like a canoe ride on the Wakulla River. It's soothing, relaxing and just lovely.
I'm always surprised at how many quiet activities such as this one exist in our fair county just south of the capital of Florida, Tallahassee. On one hand I want people to know about it, but on the other hand, don't want to see the area overwhelmed...

All reviews
"sunscreen"
"activity"
"adventure"

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We visited this area in June, after a tropical storm had come in. Water was high, but safe. We took our granddaughter who was not very experienced. The young men who got our kayaks were very helpful. I have two artificial knees and have trouble getting in and out of the boats. The boys were very friendly and courteous in helping me in and out. We went up river for about 2 hours and then floated back, and saw several alligators sunning and too many birds to count. Would and will do this activity again.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I paddled downstream and found some interesting niches in the waterways. But padding upstream had the best wild life views. Neat houses along the river. The owners were friendly and great. I look forward to going back.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We had a most stunning canoe ride, reasonably priced and easy access along the Wakulla River. It's so beautiful being along the calm river seeing the reflections of all the trees, occasionally passing a fishermen sitting on the docks and hearing the quiet. Owner was helpful and delightful. Highly recommend renting a canoe or kayak or whatever boat they got!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We kayaked three miles up the river and three miles back. I would recommend going earlier in the morning. The river is calm and not congested, better for wildlife viewing. We saw two manatee in the morning! One of them nearly knocked my husband out of his kayak! We also saw lots of fish, turtles and an alligator. The river is busy in the afternoon with lots of boats. Would recommend this tour and would do it again!