Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$63.60
from US$89.04
from US$477.00
2,812 results
All reviews captain ross manatee tour hot chocolate and coffee wonderful experience sunset cruise bucket list photos and videos flash drive wet suits great trip early morning making sure semi private tour manatee swim three sisters springs kings bay once in a lifetime
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Great morning trip on Kings Bay. Most manatees had already gone back out to sea, but our guides knew where to find some. Guides Mark and John were well informed and shared good info on the area. They were real good with kids on board and the adults! Also were respectful to not harass the manatees. Hot drinks were nice after the swim. Wet suits were disinfected right after we got off the boat. Nice trip. book with the adventure center.

Reviewed 8 March 2021

This was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life! From the first moment we walked in, Henry took great care of us while booking the adventure. He was friendly and knowledgeable and remembered my name when we came back the next day to swim with the manatees.

When we arrived at 6:15 am we signed our waivers and we’re given wet suits. After a 5 minute safety video we were on the boat and heading out! The trip out was quick and we were not disappointed! We immediately saw manatees! On the way out Captain Ed and Dan gave us a back story of the manatees and answered any questions we had.

Dan hopped in the water with us a lead us to manatees and took pictures and videos with a go pro. That was nice because you didn’t have to worry about taking pictures.

Now, to the manatees. I was literally laughing and smiling in my snorkel because I was so excited. They were at the boat before we were even in the water. They were very curious and very friendly. Several of them came right up to my face and then started chewing on my wet suit! This was bucket list item for me and I was not disappointed. It was worth every penny and degree (it was cold out of the water)! We will 100% be back! Everyone was so nice and friendly and truly made it a wonderful experience. This is something I will forever remember.

Buy the $40 flash drive with the pictures and videos. Also, book the private or semi private tours so you have more one on one time with the manatees and Dan with the camera.

Thank you adventure center for the experience!

Stephany B.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

My husband and I had such a great time we booked a second semi-private trip a couple days later. Our previous crew was booked so this time we were with Tod and Misty. This trip there were even more manatees. Captian Tod did a great job helping anxious in experienced snorkelers become comfortable. Misty was great about finding the ones that wanted to be interactive. I don't think there were 5 minutes that went by without seeing/swimming with one of these amazing creatures. We can't recommend this adventure with this company highly enough. 5 mil wetsuits keep you warm and buoyant. Dry towels, hot drinks and warm coats are presented when you get back on the boat.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

I have been dreaming of swimming with the Crystal River manatees since I was very little and I finally got the chance to this weekend! I didn't realize there were so many tour companies to choose from, but I am SO GLAD I chose Plantation. They had the best reviews and they are well deserved. Included in our tour were 5mm wetsuits which were amazing. I tracked my water time on my Fitbit and we got to spend about 70 minutes in the water watching these adorable animals. Our first snorkel was in the King's Bay area where we saw a few manatees away from all the crowds and our second snorkel was at Three Sisters Springs with several dozen manatees (and that is were the tourists tend to congregate). I was really grateful Plantation took the time to go to the less crowded area first to give everyone a chance to see these animals a little closer up. Not ONCE did I feel cold with the thick wetsuit in the winter water. I also loved that with the thick suit, there was no need for a pool noodle to float with since the extra neoprene makes you very buoyant (although noodles are available on the boats if you want one). Without the noodle I felt like I had more freedom to move around and didn't have to fight against it to stick my face in the water to watch the manatees...I rarely had my head above water the entire time. Lol Compared to the other groups which ALL had noodles, they always appeared to be bobbing on the surface rather than getting down and watching the manatees. Laura was our boat captain and Dustin was our guide and they were both super friendly, funny, informative, and helpful. Dustin made sure that EVERYONE in the boat got pictures with the manatees. You have to buy the thumb drive with pictures separately, but it was an adorable manatee shaped thumb drive which was a cute surprise! We loved all of our pictures and videos and are so grateful he captured them, the quality was awesome! When we got back on the boat to go home, Laura offered us all dry towels and hot chocolate/coffee...a welcome bonus considering it was a chilly overcast and rainy day. Haha I could go on and on, but this was an amazing experience and when I come back I will definitely go on another tour with Plantation. Thank you again for the amazing memories!!

Reviewed 7 March 2021

We went on a semi private manatee swim with Dan and Laura. It was an amazing experience! We saw a lot of manatees up close, but our favorite experience was seeing a baby manatee nursing and playing with its mom! My wife and I loved it and we will definitely be back!