“Scared. Panicked. But instructor was so patient!”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Indoor Skydiving Experience
Ranked #2 of 13 Fun & Games in Davie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Fort Lauderdale. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The instructors and atmosphere make iFly a wonderful place for families, thrill seekers, and solo adventure seekers to visit. I am over 35 and was scared out of my mind to try iFly. My first 2 minutes in the tunnel were a complete FAIL. I panicked, but the instructor was so patient and understanding. I recommend this to anyone who wants the thrill of skydiving without actually jumping out of a plane-or for those who simply want a thrill-seeking good time.

Jim B, General Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you so much Rasheeda for your feedback. We strive to provide a world class flight experience which includes being very patient and understanding. We are aware this adventure is a bit overwhelming at first and we want to ensure all our guests are comfortable while in the tunnel. My entire staff, especially the instructors try to calm those nerves and teach you how to fly all at the same time! We hope to see you again!

All reviews
"under control"
"father's day"
"super fun"
in 3 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"bucket list"
"my niece"
"any age"
"explained everything"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I am copying and pasting my Yelp review because it is pretty in depth
It is going to be difficult to articulate things, because it is such a bizarre experience. Do you feel like you are continuously falling? No. I think that the reason is because there is not a reference point of seeing the Earth getting closer.

Our flight team leader was Carlisle today. Went in as a group of three (and we were grouped with strangers), and we chose the 5 minute package, and whatever $10 upgrade to fly up like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory.

Carlisle asked us if we would mind breaking down the flight into three separate segments. I initially had reservations, but I did not voice my concern. I thought that we were in the hands of a professional who does it all the time- he was absolutely correct. Do not be stubborn. Break it up.

If I had done all of the time at once, I think that I would be leaving a different review. Being in different segments, it gave me time to think and reflect on what I was doing right and what was going wrong. Obviously not a professional, so it was mostly wrong.

When we were getting ready, we saw the group before us in the wind tube. I thought that it would be not as good of an experience because their flight leader was hands-on. All s/he is doing is making your experience perfect. I never ever felt Carlisle touch me, but he CERTAINLY kept my body under control and maximized my experience. Look at the monitor when you get out. It is on a delay, so you can see what you are doing wrong and go from there.

Although pricey, this was absolutely such a blast and something everyone should try. I am a big guy, but under the 300lb limit. There were ZERO issues even though I tip the scales.

There are lots of spectators. None of them have enough courage to try this. Have fun, let your hair "up", and just enjoy the experience. As soon as I was less concerned with how my body was positioned, and let Carlisle adjust me while I relaxed it was so fun.

This is a long review, but thanks for reading. We just had such a great time, and I know that this attraction might be financially deterring. If you go, I recommend saving up if necessary and going for the full 5 minutes. Pay the extra $10. This is something that you won't soon forget!!

Thank you so much for the detailed review and feedback. As you noted: "As soon as I was less concerned with how my body was positioned, and let Carlisle adjust me while I relaxed it was so fun". This is great advice! If you forget any of the hand signals the instructor teaches you in the training class when you get in the tunnel, just relax and have fun!! The instructor will assist you and get you flying in no time! We strive to provide a world class flight experience and I am glad we accomplished that for you. I will be sure to let your instructor Carlisle know as well. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

iFLY was a great experience. We went for my son's 10th birthday. Adults and kids were part of our flying group. We had an amazing time. The instructors are amazing, super nice, and knowledgeable. From the moment you walk in you are greeted and are welcomed. I highly recommend iFLY. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Dayamí A

Thank you so much Dayamí for your review and for sharing your son's birthday with us here at iFLY. The goal of my entire staff is to ensure you come in with a smile and you leave with an even bigger one. I am glad your experience here was so memorable and we cannot wait until we get a chance to fly with you and family again!

Regards, Jim

Reviewed 7 March 2018

IFLY team was very accommodating right from get go. They made hosting birthday party for my son extremely enjoyable experience. Kids had fun, parents did not have to stress out. Great job!!!

Thank you so much for your great review!! It was our pleasure hosting your son's birthday and I pleased to hear we removed any stress you or the other parents may have had from your event. We strive to provide a world class experience and I am glad we accomplished that for you and your guests! We hope to see you again.