“Still confused over the other reviews!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
The Villa Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2015

The Villa looks very nice from the outside however that warm fuzzy feeling disappears once you have the chance to actually look at the place up close. Jim and his cat Smokey greeted us when we arrived and as he showed us around it became apparent that the cat (which was not mentioned in the advertisement) had free roam of the house which seems odd considering that many people are allergic to cats. Once Jim showed us the house, the kitchen area which had crumbs all over the counter and dishes piled in the sink he then pointed out the tea pot which he offered us to use however it looked as though it came from a yard sale. He continued the tour and finally led us to the separate rooms that my sister and I were going to be staying in and then left us to settle in. My sister had the Queen Isabella room and I had the Marco Polo room. As soon as I started looking around the room both my sister and I noticed that the dust around the headboards and the night stands was very thick. I'm not sure if it was the cat or the dust but it caused my sister to become congested almost immediately. We left the property to get some dinner and decided that this was not a place either of us wanted to stay at so we called Jim and explained to him that my sister might be allergic to the cat. When we returned to give him back the keys and the gate opener we offered to pay for the one night thinking he would not accept it due to the cat causing my sister's reaction but he insisted on $100.00 saying he waited for us to arrive even though he lives in the house. Our decision not to stay was the best choice we made. We lost a $100.00 but checked in at a Hyatt right on the beach for a cheaper rate. I am not usually one to complain but for the price he was charging this shouldn't be considered a "bed and breakfast" as all he was offering us to eat in the morning was a fruit cup or some yogurt and toast. I would not recommend this to anyone I know or anyone who is expecting something extravagant. The pictures make this place look a lot brighter than it really is.
On a positive note: The house has plenty of history and Jim is great at sharing his stories of the family portraits that adorn the walls in the hallway. There are a lot of antiques throughout the home as well. The best feature about the place was the gated property.

Room Tip: I really don't think I could answer this.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank X305MLroberts

Reviewed 28 November 2015

A remarkable treasure find off the beaten path at Daytona Beach ! Consider yourself extremely lucky if you find The Villa ! It is such a Historic, Beautiful, Quiet,Private, Clean,Romantic,Comfortable,Friendly,Serene,Luxurious ( yet Informal ) and Wonderful experience away from the hum drum of Daytona Beach ! (Yet only 2-3 blocks to the beach.) The Villa is THE resort and bed & breakfast to which all others should be compared ! The owner,Jim Camp, is a fantastic host`and you will never meet a finer person ! I shall return to stay with him whenever I am in central East coastal Florida .

Room Tip: All Rooms are Fantastic But especially the King room
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doctorjohnmd
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Wonderful, wonderful. Sometimes using the internet to book a room "sight unseen" really works out. We picked out the Villa for our Labor Day/ Anniversary get-away and really hit the jackpot. James was a gracious and welcoming host. The accommodations were first-rate and being in the King Juan Carlos Room made us feel like royalty. We won't be staying anywhere else when in DAB.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Romantic, charming and convenient. I stayed in the King Juan Carlos Room. It was spectacular. The other rooms were nice as well. The owner/manager lives on the premises and is charming, hospitable and a fountain of information about the house, the antiques he personally collected, the art work, etc. 4 blocks from the beach and the pool and patio are a great esccape on a hot afternoon. Loved it!

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 18 August 2015

The Villa was truly a diamond in the rough! My fiancee and I had a great time at the Villa getting to know Jim and the unique history of the property. We book the Juan Carlos room (based on other reviews) and were not disappointed. The private balcony with lounge chairs and a hot tub definitely added to the getaway we were looking for. Each morning, we were greeted by Jim with fresh coffee and our choice of toast/bagel/muffins, fresh fruit cups, yogurt or all of the above (depending on our appetite!) We were lucky enough to have the Villa to ourselves most of the week, but met a nice mother/son from California during the middle of our stay. My fiancee and I got engaged during this trip and sprung for the "romance" package which was a nice treat after the engagement. The flowers were fresh, strawberries delicious, and we still use the bathrobes today. I am hoping we can get to Daytona again so we can stay here again. Thanks Jim for all you did to accommodate us! - Jason & Valerie

Room Tip: Splurge for the Juan Carlos room...you wont be disappointed!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple