“Check In process is BRUTAL”
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The check in process is BRUTAL. There was a long line of people waiting to check in (and this was at the pre-registraion desk) and only 2 people working the counter. Check in took about an hour. The pool area is very crowded and you need to get down early if you are planning to get a chair on the pool deck. Also, be prepared to wait for elevators.. very slow.
Overall, very clean and nice. The view was amazing and once we were all checked in and in our room we had a great time, just a slow painful start.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed 18 July 2011

There are several shortcomings that got in the way of a perfect holiday....
** the shortage of enough elevators led to frustrating long waits...climbing ten floors with two babies was just not enjoyable but it became necessary
** lack of seating and poor furniture quality ....we rented a 3 bedroom and only had 4 seats in the living area
** lack of supervision for the lazy river made it not only dangerous but uncomfortable..kids without tubes were out of control and made taking the 2 year old on tube with us very dangerous and uncomfortable....the rules clearly state a tube must be used....
** our 3 bedroom condo ( room 1023 in north tower ) is in need of a spruce
up.....rug stains/ missing slats in air cond unit wall/ very tired couch/ paint missing over drywall repairs led to a run down feeling
** we had three families in a 3 bedroom unit but could only get one parking spot
** the resort is actually excellent for what we wanted ----- a family hangout with no schedules or pressure to do things...the location is excellent...we did not have to get in our car once as everything is right there ...the promenade and no drive zone beach are perfect....strolling the promenade in the evening was very safe....fireworks anf concert on Sat were superb....

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Just got back from a long weekend with family and friends, first time staying at Ocean Walk. It is a great place for kids. Nice pools, lazy river, right on beach, Ocean walk shoppes and boardwalk are right there. I have been to Daytona Beach before but stayed in the smaller mom and pop type hotels never experiencing this type of enviroment which was a little overwhelming for me. Now that I know I have to prepare myself mentally for a Disneyworld type of vacation I will go back prepared. Kis loved it.

Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff, Condo was very clean and great size for a family, Pools, waterslide, lazy river, activities, Ocean Walk shoppes and restaurants, Walk to boardwalk, right on beach, great place for kids, Lots of security, no cars parked on that section of beach, lifeguards.

Cons: Very crowded, long lines, not enough parking, hot water runs out midday for showers. Arrived at 4:30 after check-in, moving car, waiting for bellman (not enough carts available) another line for pool wristbands which you have to do and try to get convinced to listen to timeshare offer did not get settled in our room until 7:30. Not enough pool chairs.

Tips to make vacation more enjoyable:
Bring your reservation # and/or creditcard statement showing charge for checkin
Stay more than 2 nights, you lose the first day due to the slowness at checkin
Prepare yourself mentally for a very big crowd and long waits like if going to Disney
If driving, dont plan to check in until after 7pm no lines
Go to pool before 8am to put your towels on chairs to save your seats
Go to beach by 8:30am to reserve your beach chairs and umbrellas
Have your reservation number available when you drive up so you are directed to right parking garage.
Enjoy cold showers
If you have to leave your parking spot don't do it between 3 and 7 thats when new checkins start arriving and you lose your parking and have to go to public lot.
If eating at any of the restaruants in Ocean Walk make reservations!!!! Very long waits.
Publix is only 2 miles away buy your food and supplies there less to have to bring to your room if you you cant get a cart.
Just sit back and relax

1  Thank beachbum11164
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Our trip started off with a 30 minute wait in line to check in. Apparently it's like that all the time according to the front desk clerks. Seems the management could come up with an improved system. Then our room was missing pillow cases and wash cloths. No tissues anywhere either. The icing on the cake was getting back from a day trip at 1:00 am and being told the garage was full in our tower and being told to park down the street. (As a female traveling alone with 2 teenage girls I was very uncomfortable walking on the streets of Daytona Beach at that time of night.) For what I spent on the room I will stay someplace else in the future. There was wi-fi in the lobby only.

Reviewed 16 July 2011

After much research, we decided to book this hotel for the beach portion of our summer vacation. Upon our arrival, the Bellman was very polite and directed me to the lobby for check in. As I entered the lobby, there were two desk, neither was marked, so I stopped at the first one and stated that I needed to check in...the lady there was very matter of fact in telling me that I needed to go to the other desk behind me...At the check in desk, there were three employees who were huddled together chatting, laughing, and ignoring me! I had to request that someone come help me...one of the guys came over to assist, but during my entire check in process, he continued to chat it up with the other associates...their conversation went something like this, "she just came over here and turned the ringer on our phones up, well, as soon as she leaves today, we're going to turn them back down"! I asked the guy were we were to park, he acted like I just asked him to tote all of our luggage up 18 flights of stairs all at once, by himself! Once in our room, the accommodations were OK, but there were no washcloths...we made several attempts to phone the front desk for washcloths, but no one answered! We also noticed that the door appeared to had been previously "kicked in" and there was mold around the knob in the shower, there was also a toothbrush holder in the bathroom that was disgusting! The pool has several missing tiles around the edges and is overfilled, my husband, who is 6ft tall, was not able to touch the bottom of the pool at all! There was enough hair floating around in the pool to make a wig and there was mold growing in every place possible around the pool and on the stairs to the slide! I will definitely find a different place to stay if we ever visit Dayton Beach again!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family