“3RD YEAR AND EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 September 2011

5 Star all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont waste your money at the crap hotels along the beach! The pictures you see on the internet are lies!

1  Thank Commanderhottie18
Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We had 6 adults, two children and a 9 month old baby ..had a 3 bedroom Condo, ocean front for 7 days, and it was a very good time for all involved. The room wasn't completely top-notch only due to some worn living room furniture, so ask about that before you make your reservation. Other issues were two bedrooms had windows directly on the walking aisles, by design, so people could see through blinds if they were not closed..so be careful!

The views were awesome and access to everything was very close..except a hospital is a few miles away. Elevators extremely busy on weekends, more accessible during the week.

The Staff were top notch, but parking could be better. We had three cars ( three families) and only one pass for on-site parking. I was able to get a electronic key for parking for another car across street, then onsite parking for last car mid-week. The should include parking passes for each bedroom for multiple adults, ask when you check in because they do not as of this writing

Billiards room was two older pool tables and very bad cue sticks. Game room was okay, but awesome games (and other fun) across street at the Lounge Water Park. Very convenient location and much better that the *ilton next door .

I would stay in this exact same room again if the chance comes, with newer furniture of course.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

we stayed in a 3 bedroom suite on the 9th floor. It was decent enough. For the money I expected a little newer nicer place but it was OK. Examples, cheaper white cabinetry, older looking bedspreads, couches OK but a little on the utilitarion side. no seperated dining room.
Very good spot to stay, close to amusement park, boardwalk (whenever it finally opens back up), shopping and restaurants. Big thumbs up to the kiddy pool and lazy river , although almost always packed the grandkids loved them. NO free internet in the rooms only in the lobby was a bit of a disapointment. Nice gameroom and play area for the little ones, should weather turn bad

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Upon check-in the dissatisfaction started to creep into my mind. The staff at the desk didn't seem very friendly, much information (that was somewhat unnessesary) was required at check-in. After receiving a room number and key, we were then required to go to another person (across the room), who welcomed us and informed us they could help us extend our check out time on our day of departure (originally we had been informed it would be 10:00AM) to 2:00PM. Their main purpose, it turned out, was to encourage us to attend a breakfast scheduled for Monday morning. When I inquired if this was to solicit us for a time share, the lady was very evasive, and assured us there would be no "pressure".
We then proceded to our room, and our immediate reaction was disappointment. There was no ocean view (we had reserved a one bedroom), the pictures on the website were in no way representative of what we got. When I went into the bedroom, the venetian blinds were broken (at the top and bottom) where anyone walking past could see into the room. I called the operator (dialing zero) and the person was not helpful, and was in fact rude. She ask if I wanted to speak to the supervisor and I told her that in fact I did. The supervisor's reccomendation was that I hang a blanket over the window. When I informed her that I did not "hang blankets over windows at home" and I had no intention of doing so here. I told her I did not pay over $1000 dollars to hang blankets over the window. She ask if I wanted to change rooms, I informed her yes I did. She stated there would be a "room cleaning" charge (remember I hadn't been here ten minutes yet). I questioned this, and she stated it was "policy". Then she switched and told me they were full up and there were no rooms available. The maintenance person, to his credit, found??? a new blind about two hours later and installed it. In addition we discovered; the can opener did not work, the phone in the bedroom did not work, the remote control to the living room TV did not work. I called again and was informed they would be fixed, they never were. I called back later, and they informed all had been repaired (they weren't) we had never even left the room. Finally, we retired for the evening resolved to make the best of it. The light that came into the room the whole night was like daylight there were no curtains only the blinds and the light from the bright lights in the hall could not be stopped (I guess we could have hung a blanket over the window). In the morning we were both very sore as the mattress was as hard as a rock (I now suspect we were indeed sleeping on the boxspring without a real mattress). I say this because on the day we checked out I discovered the edges were made of metal, I never removed the sheets to check, it was later that I wondered if it was indeed the boxspring. My wife had to sleep on the couch in the living room the last four nights as her pain just kept getting worse.
The pool was good, the ocean great and Daytona and surrounding area wonderful, but I would never stay at Ocean Walk again. The experience reflected on the web site was practically non-existant, compounded by rude staff (bellman and maintenance person exempt).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CharlesA575
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had the time of our lives. The Wyndham Ocean Walk is hand' down the best place I have stayed in. The staff was friendly, the pools were clean, the location is great. I took my nieces that are 2 and 4 and they had a ball. I will stay here every time I come to Daytona.

Room Tip: Ask for the south building it is closer to the Ocean Walk Shoppes.