“A day in Daytona Beach”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Well in Dayton there's some rides and all the souvnier shops you could want. There are many hotels too choose from but here's my advice: if you get a hotel next to the ocean, even if you don't get an ocean view, your stay will cost more. It's better if you go to a hotel like the "Quinta Suites". It's a little more smaller but very good service and quality, and less than $90 a night for 4 people. Besides that I had a really good day in Daytona beach.

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,225)

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel was right on the beach in the center of Daytona, We stayed in a 1 BR suite with a full kitchen. The outdoor pool was beautiful with a large slide. The hottub was nice too. The room was large with a full kitchen. The parking in the parking deck was a little tight. We had a rental car but I think it would be hard to squeeze a large SUV into one of the spots. This was a very nice hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tjcat98
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Ok so with kids I do recommend this place both of mine had a blast here. So as I always do I'll take u from pull up to check out. It's in a great location central to all that is Daytona. As we arrived we were greeted by a guard that guided me to the check in desk. Once there I was greeted by a really nice lobby and an equally nice receptionist who made short work of the check in process. I mount my noble steed and I start my trek up the turns of the parking garage. After getting as close as I could to the 13th floor I parked and made our way to our room we were in the south tower in room 1314. I open the door and was greeted by a pleasant smell and well decorated room with small stove,fridge,micro,and all the comforts of home. Being tired from the travel it was bed time I crawled into a very nice kingsized bed a sleept like a very tired baby. I wad awaken by my son saying dad come on let's go of course its 7 am at this point I roll from my slumber nest and put my trunks on don the sun block and away we go. We start off at the lazy river which was empty at 9 am but the kids didn't really love it sure it was fun but the tubes that you have to use are for adults not 6 and 4 year old frames so when seated in the proper relaxed floating position they would fall through the hole in the center of the tube which meant they would have to take this journey aboard the SS daddy that's right they road my back as I road the tube...its ok you will figure it out in a minute anyway not the most fun activity. So.we moved to the muddy splash pad also empty at this time we had fun here some of the spray nozzles were broken or wouldn't turn off but not something the kids paid any attention to we played here for a good hour before the water slide open at which point of course won over the splash area the slide is nice a pretty low speed but you do have to be 42"tall to ride it dumps into the shallow end of the pool with plenty of picture taking room for all of us parents that are crazy like that. All of the amenities that used were great this looks like the place that both parents and couples can have fun with something to do for everyone. So will I stay here again yes will I recommend yes we had a great time and I was impressed with this property.

2  Thank Brandon D
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Daytona Beach is our favorite beach. Lots of entertaining activity. We are Wyndham owners, so we only book through Wyndham using our points, we've never had a problem in the 13 years we've been staying at this resort. I can understand where confusion could happen. There are units that people own, they rent out themselves and Wyndham has nothing to do with. There are units that are rented out on the internet, etc. (This seems where a lot of problems happen, overbooking, downgrading, etc.) And using traditional Wyndham points (this is what we do). We've always had a good experience, always got the room we booked. There are 2 towers. Each tower has a different security company, confusing. The pool is always busy, so we save up and rent an umbrella and chairs for the week, and stay on the beach everyday. You can get in a pool anywhere. This is a Timeshare resort, not a hotel, there is no maid service. Most units have a washer/dryer. We stay in a one bedroom deluxe unit, very spacious, whirlpool tub, full kitchen. This is an area that you can park your car and leave it parked all week. The only time we got in our car was the first day to get some groceries from Publix. We love this resort and plan to be back every year. One tip also, a smile and a friendly attitude is much better than screaming if there is a problem. Your problem may get solved a lot quicker if you don't scream at the employee. A smile can go a long way.

5  Thank ewoka13
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Walk for the first time and were very impressed with the resort. The room was immaculate - nothing broken or not working, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location is excellent.

It would be nice if the onsite restaurant offered a more diverse menu - the food was mediocre at best. The resort has combined a gift store/sundries/restaurant and as a result, the selection is minimal. It would be nice to be able to purchase a bar of soap at the gift store/restaurant since soap is not provided in the room. Instead we had to walk down the block to the small grocery store on the corner. Not a big deal, but a minor inconvenience.

There was some confusion at the pool area when it stormed. I guess one pool and the kiddie pool is overseen by a separate group of security than the lazy river and pool with a slide, and because of this, one side was open and one side was closed, which was very confusing to guests. I was told that the side with the lazy river and pool with a slide closes and opens according to what the beach patrol does at the beach, and the other side does not.

We would definitely stay at the resort again and really enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the north tower and our room was updated nicely.