My husband and I took my 4 year old son and my 79 year old mother in May of this year. When I arrived I was impressed with the look of the lobby - that was soon replaced with disappointment when we reached the room. The sliders that led to the balcony had no lock on it so my 4 year could have gotten up and out in the middle of the night. The room was not clean. The sofa cushions were ripped. Clearly, only the areas that were walked on regularly were vacuumed. The carpets under the beds still had crackers from previous tenants and were covered in dust. We requested another room, which was granted immediately, only to find that the lower cabinets in the kitchen were rotten, wood crumbling on the floor. The TV in the living room was missing the remote and had no power button so you could not turn it on without the remote. The dresser in the bedroom had paint chipping off of it, real great with a little one around. The bathroom, all though picked up, was not clean. The floors were still dirty. They left all of 4 towels in the bathroom which you were expected to wash yourself. When you run out of soap you are expected to buy it yourself. The washers and dryers in the room are exrtremely small and are easily thrown out of balance. The dryer only worked part of the time. The lamp in the bedroom repeatedly popped lightbulbs. Only 1 of the 3 bulbs in the bathroom worked. For the money we paid for this room we were very disappointed. The kiddie pool which had awesome potential has loose tiles. These tiles had sharp edges and I was picking them up and throwing them out so the kids wouldn't get hurt. Not a good value. This place had so much potential and I could have dealt with most of the set backs but the personnell there didn't seem to care. I would call one extension after the next and no one answered and no one returned voice mail messages. I ended up repeatedly having to walk down to the front desk to get things corrected. For a resort , I felt the service was poor. Not the typical service we get at Wyndham properties. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham