Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$154
HolidayInn.com
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$85
Beachside Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
Atlantic Economy Inn(Daytona Beach)
US$71
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
US$59
US$57
US$128
US$107
Balinese Cottages(Daytona Beach)
US$117
Beach House Inn(Daytona Beach)
US$89
2,397 results
All reviewslazy riverbedroom deluxewyndham ownerswyndham resortswasher and dryernorth towerpool areaprivate ownermovie theaterfull kitchenacross the streetbubba gumpsnice resortjacuzzi tubfamily vacationspring breakbike week
Reviewed 25 May 2008

First, I should say we booked our unit directly through an owner we found online. The unit was EXACTLY as the photos reflected from the rooms to the view. The unit we stayed in was in the South Tower so, except for one or two occasions, the elevator wasn't an issue.

The property is older but was lovely for Daytona. It is located on the part of the beach where driving is prohibited so it felt much safer to sit on the beach with the kids. As is typical for Daytona, the beach is much harder so it's great to walk on but not so great for collecting sand shells (one daughter's favorite early morning activity).

The facility was busy for spring break but it wasn't overrun with the crazy college spring break kids I've seen on other trips. Now, we may just have hit it at the right time.

The pools were nice though in need of a little updating. The lazy river was freezing but some kids still loved playing! Because of the height of the hotel, the shade hits the pools pretty early. This probably isn't an issue later in the summer but it made it pretty cool in the spring.

We tried to book an activity with the activities group but the class was full. I guess the lesson learned is to book the day you arrive if something is interesting.

We are folks who use stairs to exit and I have to say they had not been checked in quite a while. There was a lot of food and beer bottles in the hallways and they were not cleaned up the entire time we stayed.

One hassle was internet service. Our unit was supposed to have it but apparently it didn't work with my wireless. So, to use the facilities, you have to go down to the lobby bar or the computers in the basement. When I was using the computer room int he basement, there were several owners meeting and complaining about the facility. Let's just say, they weren't happy with things. Glad we don't own but we did enjoy our stay!

Finally, we heard others complain about being hounded by the time-share offers. Our unit owner apparently had made it clear that their guests were not to be bothered and we were not. At check-in we were offered to join a tour but no hard sell!

So, all in all, I think the way to go is to book directly through the owner. We had a very relaxing vacation and recommend this facility (through the owner) again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank headingtochina
Reviewed 22 May 2008

A week before going to the Ocean Walk Wyndham, I began reading the reviews on this site and others and got very nervous. But once we got there I was very happy. The place is beautiful, very nice and helpful staff, and the kids LOVED it!. Our room was on the 5th floor looking out over the roof of the Ocean Walk shopping plaza that it is connected to. So needless to say we did not have a balcony BUT the room was huge. 2 bed rooms, the masterbed room had a huge king size bed, whirlpool tub that my kids loved, shower, etc. The guest room had 2 double beds and another normal bathroom with a washer and dryer.
At first I was upset about not having a balcony but in all reality, we were never in the room anyway... so it didn't matter.

I read previous posts about wet carpet from cleaning... there was one wet spot BUT I was just glad that the carpet was clean.

Towels... they do not have room service to clean make beds, vaccume, etc. I thought I only had 2 bath towels for the week, so I requested more. They brought about 6 more up then I found the others in under the bathroom sink. I just washed a small load ever day or 2 of laundry and it was fine. They also rent you beach towels. One nice thing about doing the laundry is that I had NONE to do when I got home :0)

The putt putt on the 4th floor was nice, the game room nice, computer rooms nice, lazy river... awesome, Turtle nest ... awesome, no one without an arm band was allowed up from the beach and that was nice, go cars across the road... awesome, Bubba Gumps next door.. awesome.

To sum it up... I am ready to go back again!

3  Thank jaimehs1976
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Walk 5/10 - 5/17/08. We own time share and traded there. We had a 2 bedroom unit. The unit was great; the hotel is fantastic. Everything you can imagine is within walking distance with the Ocean Walk Village right next door. The hotel is clean, the service was superb, the employees were pleasant and made sure anyone that didn't belong did not get into the facility. The pools and lazy river are great. The children's pool area was the best. The hotel even had a bar area on the main floor with karaoke and added events on different nights of the week. Activities for children and adults alike was fun; example ice cream socials during the afternoon; bingo, etc. Popular restaurants and within miles; a Publix grocery is right up the street; gift shops right across the street. Great, great place; planning on going back again next year.

3  Thank officemanagerOhio
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We were skeptical because we had read some iffy reviews and were very pleasantly suprised! This hotel has been recently renovated and is in great shape. The rooms are huge (we had a 1 bdrm ocean view suite) and it came with a full kitchen and washer and dryer. It was very clean.

We were concerned that they would try to give us a strong sales pitch for the time share program, but they were very low key and left us alone after 1 attempt.

The location could not be better. It is connected to a movie theater and complex with 3 nice sit down restaurants, plus fast food and sandwiches.

The (4) pools are fantastic for kids. The kids pool has a big jungle gym built into the water. The bigger pool has a slide like those at a water park.

This is not a Ritz Carlton, but very nice for the money and great for a traveling family.

4  Thank Danamo
Reviewed 17 May 2008

My family I stayed in a two bedroom deluxe unit with an ocean view, earlier this month. The unit is very large (maybe 1100 or 1200 square feet, not including the balcony) and had a double sized balcony that can be accessed from the living room or one of the bedrooms.

The unit itself was clean and well appointed -- sofa, two large living room chairs, rectangular dining room table with six chairs and a counter attached to the kitchen with three chairs.

The decor is very nice -- great colors and themes.

One bedroom has a king size bed and the other features two double (54 inch) beds. Rooms were very clean although the bedspreads were a bit tired. Each bedroom features a television with cable.

The kitchen has a microwave, stove, fridge, dishwasher, dishes and utensils. The kitchen was very clean and fairly large. The dishwasher was a bit balky.

There are two bathrooms -- one with a double sink, shower and hot tub and the other a basic sink and tub. Everything was spotless.

You have a small washer and dryer, which worked very well.

They provide you with soap, dishwasher detergent, a couple of small laundry soap boxes, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

There were lots of towels, but you will probably have to wash them if you are staying for a week. This is not a problem. You can go out and buy some additional laundry soap.

You bus your own garbage to a shoot in the hall.

The unit itself would earn a grade of "A" in my view.

There are two outdoor pools, one indoor pool, a 'lazy river' ride (inner tubes pushed by a current around a circular water track) and an outdoor hot tub. The pool area features good security coverage (they will ask you to produce your access card or an arm band) and is busy at certain points in the day. Very nice setup. The beach is not really private as a previous reviewer indicated but it is in a pedestrian only area and there is easy access to the hotel pool area from the beach. There is a bar by the pool, which seemed to close its doors at a reasonably early time.

The water was 75 degrees in the ocean but you are advised not to go out too far due to the current (waist deep).

The staff at the front desk and in the hotel were friendly and helpful.

There was a bit of construction work around the parking entrance area but this was not a big problem. You could enter the garage through a back entrance.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple