“Loved this tour ”

St. John's River Eco Tours, LLC
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in DeBary
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the beauty of Natural Florida aboard our new 28 passenger pontoon boat. Join us in exploring the back waters of one of the most protected areas of the St. John's River. Whether it is from November through March when the many migratory birds and wintering manatees abound or during the summer months when we see the alligator hatchlings and the year round residents.
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This was my third time being in this tour with my husband we love nature and being on the water. Every time I come out here I learn something new. Captin Dooley is amazing and if you ever get the pleasure of having a tour by Doug Little omg this guy will blow you away!! My favorite part is seeing the owls I get chills every time! Thank you to eco tours for elevating my spirit each time I take your tour. I will continue to recommend this tour to everyone I know.

Doug L, Manager at St. John's River Eco Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

We are so glad that you enjoy the tour and we thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

My family and I signed up to take this tour on Fathers Day because the reviews I read about this tour were very good. We took the 10 a.m. tour because in the afternoons in Florida you can expect rain. The boat was dirty. There were dead insects and live spiders on the ceiling and side rails. It would be good if they swept the boat before the tour. The boat tour was 2 hours but most of that tour was going very slowly or would stop for the guide to tell us about the fauna or birds. It was extremely hot on the tour and it would have been nice to be going at a speed that would generate some breeze or at least have a ceiling fan and free cold water for the guests. The tour would have taken a lot less then the 2 hour tour promised if the boat was going faster, therefore the reason for the the slow pace of the trip. The guide was okay but the highlight of the trip was when we pulled up to the shore where there was a family of bard owls waiting to entertain us as the tour guide threw out fish for them to eat. We did get great photos that were worthy of prize winning nature pictures. This is a regular stop on the tour. The cost was 30 dollars for adults, $27.00 for seniors and vetrans and a little less for children up to age 12.

Doug L, Owner at St. John's River Eco Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Our mission is to share this wonderful river with visitors. We feel privileged to teach people to see the varied plants and animals along our beautiful section of the river. We have operated from our location for the past 8 years and we believe the journey is far more important than the miles we drive.
The summer season is significantly warmer in Florida and as an accommodation to our customers we offer complimentary cold water. We are the only tour company that does this. The summer is primetime for plants and we often times stop and pull into the weeds to point out our native plants and animals along the way. This is a very subtle environment where a few feet in elevation changes the mix of flora and fauna. Unfortunately, you were uncomfortably warm during your trip with us. We have no control over the weather and by choice do not put ceiling fans in the roof of the boat. They would scare away the birds. Often times I tell passengers that the spiders own the boat they just let us use it during the day. Each morning we sweep the floors, and knockdown the spider webs on the railings. Our boat is washed and cleaned on a monthly basis. Routinely, our customers comment on how clean the boat is. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. Perhaps taking our trip in the fall or winter season would better meet your expectations and an air boat ride would better serve you in the summertime.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Captain Duely was an interesting and knowledgeable guide. We went on a Thursday in the morning and were very comfortable. Temperature and humidity were manageable. Cruising the main channel of the river was peaceful and breezy.

Doug L, Owner at St. John's River Eco Tours, LLC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words. The Captain is a delight. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 13 June 2017

My family and I signed up for this tour a couple of hours before the 10:00AM trip. It turned out that we needed to sign up before 8:00PM the night before. We had already arrived and were told that there would be no trip. Since we were there, Dooley told us he would get the boat ready and take us out anyway. Another couple joined us for the ride. We were very thankful to Dooley! He was a fantastic guide, very knowledgeable about the area and wildlife. We could not have had a better time. This is a must do!

Sorry for the mix up with our booking engine but we try to take care of our customers. Dooley is great hope to see you again

Reviewed 12 June 2017

When I first arrived, I met a woman who had been a few days before and was coming back again with her husband and daughter. I thought that was a bit unusual. But, after taking the morning tour, I went for lunch and decided to come back and do it again myself! It was so informative and very relaxing. I wish I could do it every day. I enjoyed Doug's soft spoken narrative and knowledge - of the wildlife, the plants and photography in general. Our Captain did a great job of maneuvering to make sure we had great views. Thank you Doug and Bill for a great day!