“Nice Staff, Ghastly Food”

McLain Family Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Food was mostly fried, over-cooked, and flavorless. Out of desperation I tried a tiny piece of chocolate cake with a minuscule piece of ice cold bread pudding; they both tasted exactly the same, horrible. I would never eat here again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stopped here for supper and it is a Defuniak Springs winner! My husband and I both chose to have their buffet. It was a pleasant surprise when ALL the hot food we chose on the buffet was delicious and hot! The place isn’t fancy, but the good service and good food more than make up for it. We will definitely return here next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We ate here for lunch. I’m so glad we did! Lots of food choices to select from. I really enjoyed the Mexican food hot bar! Oh and the dessert bars too! Everything I tasted was the perfect temperature and was delicious! If I lived closer than NC, I’d choose to eat here quite frequently. The prices are reasonable and the food is wonderful!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Steak was tough and tasteless. Oysters were bitter, boiled shrimp mushy. Wait staff was attentive and personable. Altogether the buffet was disappointing.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Good food and great price. Wanted to have something other than standard fast food while traveling for business so stopped in here.