“First time visit to this restaurant. Very good and recomend it for lunch”
Review of Chicas Cuban Cafe

Chicas Cuban Cafe
Reserve a table
Sun, 07/03
20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #36 of 169 Restaurants in DeLand
Description: Chicas Cuban Cafe: Authentic Cuban espresso. Fresh, savory sweets. Traditional Cuban sandwiches. The island atmosphere and flavors of Little Havana.
Reviewed 30 January 2021

We only visit DeLand about three or four times a year and after getting a covid vaccine at the nearby Volusia County Fairgrounds, we went to Chicas for lunch based on a recommendation from a friend and other good reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. We arrived about noon on Friday January 29, 2021 and the restaurant was busy but tables were available both inside and outside. Service by Anna Maria was was excellent. My wife had the picadillo, one of her favorite Cuban dishes and I had bistec palomilla, one of my favorites. We met the owner, Ileana, and she talked to my wife about her recipe for the picadillo. Great restaurant for lunch and there is off street parking for the restaurant. I think next time I will try the Cuban sandwich.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank norme-ormond
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 26 December 2020 via mobile

Highly recommend dining at Chicas Cuban Café! Restaurant is located in an old historic building and is beautiful. The restaurant is located in the historic district of DeLand. There is indoor dining and also an outdoor covered dining area. I am a Cuban-American from Miami - this restaurant is just as good as any Cuban restaurant in Miami. Outstanding service and the food was phenomenal.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 11 December 2020

The atmosphere we found relaxing and romantic. The server made you feel at home. The Cuban dishes where as authentic. Wine selection wonderful!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with my wife
and had the cuban, she had a pork sandwich. Best cuban I've had in ages. Havana hot sauce on my beans and rice was perfect blend of flavor and heat. Will be back.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 31 July 2020

I had the pleasure of having lunch at Chicas. My friend and I shared our food so it seemed like a personal buffet.the black beans, rice, yellow rice and plantains were delicious as well as the shredded beef in a sauce with peppers and onion.we had the guava pastry and the coconut pastry. The crust just melted in your mouth.

Date of visit: July 2020