“More like a diner--great stop”

Green Owl Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 419 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Visited Green Owl today. First time in the 17 years I've lived here. Why so long? Well only open breakfast and lunch, only takes cash, and the decor put a red flag up.
So why today? Not much time, and I didn't want to walk too far due to an appt in a half hour.
So how's the food? I had the tuna and I must say--impressive. A good size amount of tuna, and excellent Cole Slaw. Yes, the decor is dated, but that could be considered cute by some. But place is clean, and that's important.
So if you're in Delray and want breakfast (list is pretty good) or q quick sandwich with fair prices, give this place a try. Remember cash only!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

A throw back restaurant with good menu options of simple and filling breakfast choices. A decent place for decent food.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Our family has been coming to the restaurant for breakfast for a while. It is that old world charm that draws me to this place. Staff was great. One of them remembers our order every time we go. The food was not fancy but it is like home style, just how we like it and it is fairly inexpensive. In the winter months, it is perfect to sit outside and watch people and traffic go by. You have to try this place if you are in the Delray/Boca Raton area.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Have been here numerous times for breakfast. They have great pancakes. I like that you can order per pancake. I had one banana and one blueberry pancake. They use real fruit not preserves and they put it inside the flour. They also have very good chocolate chip pancakes.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great Breakfast. Excellent staff. Don't eat breakfast at the hotel, stroll down to the Green Owl. But be aware, it's cash only.