US$299
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$222
US$199
EmbassySuites.com
US$124
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Home2 Suites by Hilton Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$142
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$97
US$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$162
US$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$92
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Beachside Inn(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$385
galahotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsterrace buildinggift cardfront rowbedroom bath condoduring peak seasonbunk bedshot tuboutdoor poolthrough vrbospring breakbring your owntiki hutview from the balconyan umbrellanice resortgreat condowe've stayed
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed on the 14th floor. We come to the Pelican every year for the last 5 years. We brought our mom, dad, niece, and nephew this time. We love the convenience of the location to the restaurants and Harborwalk. With 98 it can take awhile just to go to the Publix or the Walmart, PBR is the most convenient condo to everything. We have stayed in 1 Bed and 2 Bed. Both of the units are updated and have everything you need in a kitchen. They have always had our unit ready when we have arrived early. Their staff is excellent and the BBQ area is excellent. We grilled every night. We will be bringing the whole family next summer. Thanks for an excellent, family vacation as usual

Room Tip: Great Gulf views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank mountaindrew80
PB-Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Resorts of Pelican Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and review of Pelican Beach along with your recommendations. We appreciate your comments and hope you’ll come visit us again, soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was skeptical of this place as soon as I read some reviews and I expressed those concerns to the travel agency I booked with. They assured me they have sent several people here and never had any complaints! Well..... I guess I will be their first complaint! It wasn't easy to find the place that you "check in" at and was never told they close by a certain time of the day. There were several of us that got at the "check in" site at the same time and none of us knew the office closed at 5:00. We had to call a number and get a code to enter a box to retrieve our check in package. (which had very little info in the package). We were given a code to get into the room but was told we would need to come back by 11:30 the next day to do a "formal check in". What!!??? I really want to spend my vacation time with this riff raff!
Went to the room and it was Ok nothing to brag about. We were in room 1717 and I had read reviews on it about the head board on the master bed and it was still a problem! The room was pretty outdated to say the least! We reported the glass on the dining room table being cracked and to my surprise without any kind of notice and we just so happened to be in the room there was a knock on the door. Of course I didn't answer it and I did say through the door, can I help you? There was no reply. The guy waited a few minutes and proceeds to enter a code and come in. I was standing at the door and stopped it with my foot and asked can I help you? Mind you I was on the 17th floor of this place and anything could happen and I was a little startled and shaken....so he finally said to me he was there to retrieve the cracked glass on the dining room table. He got it and left. I was not happy about this. I don't want someone going in and out of my room without 1st me knowing they are coming and 2nd without me there! Then we got locked out of our room twice! Yes Twice! The door code all of a sudden wasn't working, due to problems with the key pad. Went downstairs and they were rude and of no help because if you don't book directly through them, they absolutely have no time for you and are rude. We finally got into the room and called ResortQuest and the lady that helped us was very nice and helpful. Thankfully my fiancée checked the code(a new code) while on the phone with her and it would work one time but not the next, so she would change it to another code and the same thing would happen. She finally gave us a code that worked and we held our breathe each time we walked out. The shower in the master bath looked dirty to me or maybe it was stained. The shower curtain would not stay on the curtain rings and needed to be replaced.
The beach chairs/umbrellas are so close together its hard to even get to the ocean and they are 3-4 rows deep. The beach rental chairs were also not nice ones looked cheap.
I was told our room was beachfront, umm no it was oceanview! I was Disappointed about that and I hated the balcony I didn't enjoy it at all. If your room is on the sides of this resort the balconies are a little frightening, don't look very secure to me.
Needless to say I will not be back at this resort! It was our first time in Destin and I wasn't impressed with anything in Destin. We did enjoy the ocean, the Donut Hole restaurant (it is soooo good!) and the Sea Blaster! Most things in Destin is over rated and expensive and the traffic is terrible! I stayed in PCB last year for a lot less money for a VERY nice room and parking and Nice beach chairs/umbrella included!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank momaof1

This is the Tripadvisor page for Pelican Beach Management, the onsite rental management company. We're sorry to hear you had a problem with one of the off-premise management companies with a few units in the building. Our guests have a 24 hour guest reception staff in the lobby ready to assist with any issues which might arise. If you decide to rent a vacation condo again at Pelican Beach, keep us in mind. Our reservation policies are guest-friendly and we offer the largest selection of condominiums at Pelican Beach with a number of great services which can make your stay at Pelican Beach the best it can be!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the most obvious complaint on these reviews.. The beach situation. I rented 2 sets of umbrellas and chairs for our party 2 weeks in advance. We had front row the entire time we were there. If you are going to rent chairs do it advance and they will give you front row. The beach is crowded but I walked the beach everyday and 80% of the resorts looked the same as PBR, with the exception of private homes and smaller time shares. It was prime vacation time (July/August) when we were there, so all of Destin was very crowded. They have signs stating no personal umbrellas and chairs in front of the rentals but there were LOTS of people who did that.. beachfront 30 feet from shore is public property and they cannot tell you to move. If you want to use your own chairs and umbrellas just head down around 9am and pick a spot.
The resort itself was very nice, staff was up every morning cleaning public areas and everywhere was very clean. Our condo was on the 2nd floor (215 ..private owner) so we didn't have to deal with the elevators at all.. This is one area I could see being an issue if you stay there. The lines were always long to access the elevators. I suggest staying on a lower floor to avoid the elevators.
The tiki hut was very convenient with yummy cocktails. The cafe was a short walk from the beach.. we only had one meal here but it was a decent lunch.
The main pool was nice sized and completely shaded by around 2 pm which was nice if you had enough sun for the day. The water was very clean, cool and refreshing.
We loved the location of this resort!! Only a short drive to great restaurants and shopping. Parking was plentiful as well with many covered spots.
Our vacation was great at this resort so I don't have any complaints. My tips would be to get chair service in advance for the week or if you want to use your own chairs and umbrellas, set up early. Also rent on a lower floor to avoid the elevators.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Maureen R

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and review of Pelican Beach. We're listening to all of our comments - good and, on occasion, not so positive to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your comments and hope you’ll come visit us again, soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We overall had a good time but with 3 to 4 rows deep of rental umbrellas, it makes it impossible to enjoy the beach with children especially. Your option is to sit in front of them if there's room with no umbrella or to sit behind the 3-4 rows of umbrellas and not be close to the water at all so you definitely can't watch your kids play in the water from that far away. They do put up the rentals at 5 which cost $30 a day so you can set yours up front at 5pm. This really ruined it for me and I will never stay at this resort again. The elevators also have issues and there's a lot of waiting for elevators. The gym is tiny for as many people that are staying here and so is the hot tub. Our view was amazing and we loved the location of the resort and our room was clean but the issue with the beach just ruins everything. I know a lot of people are very unhappy about this so management may want to fix it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jaylasmom

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and review of Pelican Beach. We're listening to all of our comments, the good and the not-as-positive-as-we-would-like, to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your comments and hope you’ll come visit us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in unit 505 and found the condo to be very clean, spacious and stocked with all necessities. The view of the beach was breathtaking! We read the policies prior to our trip and we were prepared to rent an umbrella and chairs on beach. We found the rental staff very friendly and helpful. Pools were clean, tiki bar was very adequate and restaurant was tasty. Beach service for drinks and food were also available which was an added perk for my family.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at Pelican Beach. We appreciate your comments and hope you’ll come visit us again, soon!