“Irish Warmth and Great Food!”

McGuire's Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 March 2017

McGuire's is a mainstay for Destin's food and bar scene. It certainly can be loud and it almost always seems to be crowded--even in the off-season. My thoughts: Go inside to put your name on the list (only tourists use the outside hostess stand) and don't forget to bring dollar bills to hang on the walls (your server will bring a sharpie and staple gun if you ask nicely). The complementary brown bread with honey drizzle is delicious... potato skins are classic... mug club on Wednesday night is a great deal for beer and wine. Raspberry wheat is the most disappointing seasonal brew--but the red is fantastic. (McGuire's only serves their own brews). They have a great wine list (and shop next door). The steaks are amazing, but fast before eating that meal... between the salad, bread, sides, and steak... it's a ton of food. My friend claims the Irish Wake "was poison" but that's probably an exaggeration and was stated the morning after a night culminating with that potent drink (think of a milky green mixture of every liquor at the bar served in a large mason jar). The Senate bean soup is delicious and filling (and yes, really only .18) Don't miss the bread pudding for dessert.

jeremymerrill, Manager at McGuire's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for your excellent review! You've given great advice for new customers and we appreciate that! We're glad you enjoyed your McGuire's experience and I hope you're friend recovered from their Irish Wake. It is very potent for a good Irish time

Write a ReviewReviews (6,330)

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife and I enjoyed an evening at the "Pub"! We had a short wait and enjoyed our experience with the ambiance, the food, the drinks, and especially the waiter. I enjoyed pork chops with Irish beer rounded off by Jameson Whiskey. My wife and I posted dollar bills on the wall and felt that we were almost back in Ireland (my favorite place to visit)! Great experience!

Thank you Leland! We're pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your experience at McGuire's. Our Jameson Pork Chops are certainly a house favorite! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

My family decided to get some food to-go from McGuire's so we only went in for a few minutes to pick up the food but wow! It resembles a tavern with money stapled to every inch of the place! It was a little dark and loud for my taste but overall super cool place! Seemed to be extremely popular as there was an 1+ wait for inside seating. The food was great with huge portions.

Thank you Meagan! We're glad you enjoyed your to-go order. We hope you get the chance to sit down and dine with us one day. It is an experience you will never forget!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to McGuire's. It was a fun atmosphere and if you're a Notre Dame lover the area we ate in was a virtual shrine to the Golden Dome.

The food was excellent. We had the Irish boxtys, little breaded garlic mashed potato gems. I know it sounds weird, but they were good with salsa. My wife had the burger and I had the chicken supreme and they were, to say the least, generous portions. Based on what I saw at other tables the To-Go container industry will always be profitable as long as there's a McGuire's.

Also, our server, Nicholas, was engaging and very knowledgeable. This place was a treat all around! Not overpriced either.

jeremymerrill, Manager at McGuire's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your meal and the atmosphere at McGuire's. And you're right, the to-go box industry does thrive with our large portions! Few can finish everything. Nicholas is an excellent server and I will be sure to tell him you said so! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Went in for a quick bite. Was a great atmosphere. Good staff. Everyone was polite. Great sports atmosphere. Great job!

Thank you! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to McGuire's! Come see us again soon!