1,087 results
All reviews private beach boat shuttle wyndham owners presidential reserve parking garage three bedroom west tower bay view daily maid service third bedroom irish pub beautiful resort pool deck bedroom bath east pass restaurants and shops gulf of mexico
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We have family that lives in Destin, so we visit often. I have always wanted to stay at the Emerald Grande, so my husband and I booked it while we were in town for a wedding. To my surprise the room I booked was not actually in the large and beautiful building advertised online, but next door under the burger bar. We accepted the fact the we might have just overlooked this while booking and moved on about our day. As the days went by we also realized the cleaning services were really just a towel exchange, maybe.... The towels that were originally very nice and displayed like an expensive hotel when we arrived, turned into towels poorly folded and put back on the rack. My husband is convinced they may have just refolded the towels we had already used. Yes, it was that bad.
We went to the wedding and upon returning back to our room a teenage bday party with about twenty 16 years olds getting drunk next door. No adult supervision because the person who rented the room was never actually there. We called security 3 times before anything was actually done about it. No parental supervision, who cares apparently.
I have never stayed at an expensive condo complex and it be so poorly managed. The whole experience was very disappointing. I’d stay at the Holiday Inn Express before ever considering staying here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Morgan M
MarkPzinski, Rooms Division Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Morgan M,

I'm sorry to hear your stay with us at Emerald Grande was not as how you envisioned it would be. Please know that we pride ourselves on providing a wonderful experience to all of our guests, and it looks like we feel short of the mark in this area. I do appreciate your feedback, as it lets me identify areas for improvement. The cleaning services you mentioned do cover a daily trash and towel service, as well as covering your departure clean. I know we replace the towels with fresh ones, and you can be assured that we do not simply refold the used towels. I did get with security about the party situation you mentioned, and without getting into too much detail, they were able to run everyone off and shut down the party. I'm sorry it happened during your stay, and please know that we took the event very seriously. I do apologize again for the issues you mentioned, and I hope you can give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We had a wonderful visit in a 3 bedroom suite. The kitchen is pretty well equipped, the rooms were clean, and most furnishings looked new. Had some challenges with putting on the TV's, but that is more an issue of our technical skills.

Likes:

1. Rooms were spacious and plenty of room to spreadout
2. Location is fantastic, The Harbor Walk has a number of great dining options and even some night life.
3. Staff was welcoming and great.
4. Outdoor pool area is very nice.

Dislikes:

1. Parking was a challenge. I think that property was full and so finding a spot in the parking garage was sometimes hard. If you plan to park once and stay, no worries. We did some driving daily, so this was an issue.

2. The work out facility. The treadmills and elliptical are something from the 1980's and are not only uncomfortable, but hard to work. For a place like this, I would have expected top of the line items, these were new(ish), difficult to operate and not accurate in terms of speed or distance. The weight machines are in need of greasing as they all squeak. The plus side---the sunrise view from the work out facility is nice (see photo).

3. No hot water on last day. Again, technical glitch, but just something that you expect to work.

4. Indoor pool area is tiny, like really small. I have been to hotels that have larger hot tubs than the indoor pool

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelMonWI
MarkPzinski, Rooms Division Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

TravelMonWI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, and I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Emerald Grande! I'm happy to hear our accommodations were to your liking, and that you had the opportunity to check out many of the fine restaurants and venues in and around our resort. I understand parking can get a little difficult during busy times, but with 5 levels of indoor parking, as well as our outside parking area, there is sure to be some spot available for you. As always, our staff is available to assist you with issues like this, or anything else that might arise during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your review, and I hope we have the chance to see you again in the near future at Emerald Grande.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is a beautiful property, part of it belongs to Wyndham timeshare. We are Wyndham owners and it was suggested we should go for a one hour overview of new changes to Wyndham. We did this and then were given over to a representative his name was Ace, he was a nice enough man but many of his details of our owned property were incorrect. He told us we needed to upgrade to this new plan, but would never give us an amt. jerked us around for almost 3 hrs and then his arrogant boss came in and insisted this is what you must do and you can pay it off in 10 yrs @300 a month WHAT?!? His name is George Burdock and he was so rude an kept insisting we could afford this, and then some snotty remark "what did you just come for the gift that was promised".
I am putting this out there to warn folks, we should have got up and walked away, which I am still sorry that we didn't. These sales representatives give Wyndham a bad name.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Harbor not the parking lot.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
MarkPzinski, Rooms Division Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Carole B,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and do apologize about your experience with the Wyndham Owners update. As a Wyndham affiliate property, we do have their owners and guests that stay with us, and participate in their owner activities, but the resort itself is not managed by Wyndham. I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the appropriate representative, and hope you have the chance to come back and visit us again at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Property... This is a Wyndham property. The property is beautiful and sits on Harborwalk which has a several shops and restaurants ... very convenient. The resort has restaurants too so there’s a variety of places to eat. There’s a spa. I didn’t take advantage of it.

Room... I reserved a 3 bedroom Plus Harbor View unit. It has a full kitchen, dining room and living room. There are two balconies... one off the living room and the other one is off the master bedroom. There’s a washer and dryer. This was a group trip ... 3 females and 1 male. The 4 of us were very comfortable in this spacious unit. There are 3 nice size bathrooms. The master bedroom has a huge full bathroom with soaking tub and the 2nd bedroom has a full bath. The 3rd bathroom is located off the 3rd bedroom. Important to note - the 3rd bedroom doesn’t have a window.

Pools/Beach... the pool area is small for a resort of this size. Although this was a late fall vacation, we were able to enjoy the pool. There’s no beach. The pièce de résistance of this resort is the boat ride over to the private beach. That emerald water and unspoiled landscape is unbelievably beautiful. We spent about 2 hours on the private beach and the boat came back and picked us up. We saw dolphins too.

Parking... During my stay, the parking deck signage was very confusing. We only parked there once on check in day. Thereafter, we just parked in the outdoor parking lot.

Other stuff... my room was east facing so I saw the sunrise every morning over the Harbor. It was such a beautiful sight.

I’m a Wyndham owner and chose not to go to a presentation and enjoy my friends. We had a great time at the Wyndham Emerald Grande at HarborWalk. I recommend this resort.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
MarkPzinski, Rooms Division Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

AfrinetNYC,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Emerald Grande and thank you for the detailed review. Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village is a Wyndham affiliate property, which means that while it's not managed by Wyndham, we do have Wyndham owners/guests that stay with us. We also have standard rental guests, as well as weddings and groups that stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed the accommodations found in the three bedroom condominium you stayed in, with more than enough space for the four of you. I'm excited to hear you enjoyed the boat shuttle ride to our secluded beach, and even had the opportunity to see some dolphins along the way. Thank you again for your review, and please come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and have always been treated well. This trip especially. Long story short: Guys trip for fishing. Caught fish, restaurant prepared for us family style. Asked for special request to prepare one crab stuffed (not on menu). Chef agreed for nominal upcharge. We called the spread: Flounder 3 ways!
End result: see photos.
Billy, Roy and Chef Jeff took great care of us and all should commended for this. Thank's Guys!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Geffellz18,

Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent trip with us, even more so than your past visits. With HarborWalk Fishing Charters right on property, you can take a charter boat out, catch your limit, bring it back, and let us cook it up for you. Can you imagine a better way to spend the day? This is just one of the options available to our guests when they stay with us at Emerald Grande. We appreciate your review, and look forward to you next stay with us at Emerald Grande.