“Fresh Seafood and Cool Bar”
Review of Angler and Ale

Angler and Ale
Reserve with OpenTable
Angler and Ale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Duck Key
Price range: US$16 - US$42
Description: Angler & Ale, a new restaurant where you can grab a waterfront table, dig into some of the Key's favorite dishes, and wash it down with a frosty cold, fresh-from-the-tap brew. Better yet, bring in your own catch for a hook-and-cook feast prepared by our expert chefs. Great food. Cold beer. And fishing. Doesn't get any better than that.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stopped at Angler and Ale my first day while touring the Keys. I am addicted to Conch Fritters and found their fritters to be pricey compared to other locations but very good. The flavor was on point and there was enough conch pieces within the fritter. Afterwards I ordered the MMBLT. The MMBLT was a BLT with mahi mahi. The pepper and bacon flavor was fantastic, great sandwich! After eating, I went to the bar to sample a few local beers, and they had a decent craft beer selection. The bartenders were super friendly, it was fun talking to them.

1  Thank BZimm08
Hawks_Cay-FL, General Manager at Angler and Ale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking your time and writing such a detailed review of your meal! We are glad you found the food to be flavored perfectly and that you appreciated our vast craft beer selection. It is great to hear our wonderful and friendly staff made for great conversation and we all eagerly look forward to your next meal at Angler and Ale!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Everyone was super nice we ordered a salad and some fish tacos. One of the employees Jessica was awesome she came over to see how our meal was and talked with us about the area. She was an awesome and very informational person.

Hawks_Cay-FL, General Manager at Angler and Ale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for the review, Kyle! Jessica is delighted she was able to help you find things to do in the area. It’s wonderful hearing about all of the ways our staff adds to our patrons dining experience. We’re glad you enjoyed your food and we hope you come by Angler and Ale again soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We decided to give Angler and Ale a try upon recommendation. The food was good and the service was good, but we found the decor somewhat "industrial" and not that comfortable. Don't expect an intimate dining venue. It was noisy, though that may not be an issue for many people.
The location was good as was the view.
I doubt we'll return with so many other choices in that area of the Florida Keys.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Great stay at Hawks Cay. We fished and then took it to this place. OMG! I live in Texas on the coast--and get fresh fish every day. This restaurant fixed our fish and i wanted to take the chef home with me. They cooked our fish three ways--and we ate it, and then shared with fellow people in the restaurant as we had so much good food. excellent. service was great, people there were great, the chef was awesome. highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went here sorta wanting a full meal and sorta wanting a bunch of appetizers. We arrived around 6:30 and were quoted about a 30-35 minute wait. I honestly don't think it was that long of wait. (Note, you can reserve a table through the Open Table site.) We walked around the docks while we waited and enjoyed looking at the snapper and tarpon. We order the crab and artichoke dip which was AMAZING. For our "meal," I ordered the sauteed clams appetizer with a side of vegetables. Both were fabulous. My husband ordered the lobster mac and cheese, the crispy grouper cheeks, and a side of beans and rice. He felt the grouper cheeks were overcooked, but I loved them. The lobster mac and cheese was good, but the lobster was slightly overcooked. The rice and beans were perfect. Overall, it was a definite hit and we will return!