“Awful night! Terrible experience”
Review of Sixty-One Prime

Sixty-One Prime
Reserve a table
Wed, 14/04
20:00
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Duck Key
Price range: US$29 - US$62
Description: Vacation is about rewarding yourself, and there's no better place to indulge the palate than the Keys' premiere fine dining restaurant. Sixty-One Prime serves prime steaks and delectable signature seafood dishes in an elegant atmosphere, conveniently located just off the main resort lobby. Pair your meal with a bottle selected from our extensive wine menu and don't forget to save room for dessert. The world-class chefs at Sixty-One Prime are sure to deliver a dining experience like no other. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Well, after over twenty five years of travelling around the world and eating at all kind of places, and as a consultant for the hospitality industry, I have one of my most terrible experiences last night (Friday Mar 5th, 2021) at the Sixty One Prime Restaurant. Reservation set at 8:00 PM for my family, 6 pp in total. No special requests, no dietary restriction. Two kids seated in regular chairs. Upon seating on the table, water and a request for a wine bottle which was rapidly fulfilled. Then, the nightmare. 45 minutes for a steak and chicken tenders for the kids and two bisques, a tuna tartar and a very dry and cold pork belly. The tenders were cold-frozen. None appeared to check. After several attempts to call our server, minimal attention and told him with less attention even. Water never refilled. Wine was being pored by myself. The restaurant was not at capacity, that for sure. Another 45 minutes, table never cleaned from the appetiser and first courses and we requested the main dishes to be cancelled, just to hear that they were about to come out and that the reason were late is because "we asked for one of the steaks to be well-done". We called the manager, but food arrived and steaks were none of them as we requested. The tomahawk was covered in a "disgusting sauce" that I had specifically requested not to be on, specially since it contained mushrooms. The other steak, the one well done, was medium at best, and the fries were cold, and no utensils were placed for the sides to be served. The steaks were to share but no extra plates were provided. Water was non-existent, and last wine drops had to be pored again by myself. Finally the manager arrived and attentively listened to me and told me that they strive to be a great restaurant, but certainly did nothing to correct the problem neither offered to change the steaks or to do any meaningful thing. Family left, food was left over the table without being consumed and I asked for the check being graciously surprised that the manager had offered me a 10% discount.
Sorry to say but the food should had been not charged at all, the service should have been corrected and an opportunity for remedy should have been given to us. I never asked for free food or a cheap restaurant, neither we requested any savings, but the treatment was outrageous, the service was disastrous and the food close to uneatable.

Thank you for your attention.

Dr. Javier Perez-Fernandez, MD

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank lgp1977
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 6 March 2021

Full bar and menu is top notch. The staff is amazingly friendly. Very casual vibe makes this vary approachable. It’s resort pricing but worth it on property

Reviewed 25 February 2021

Overall wonderful dining experience from start to finish! Victoria our hostess, Tristen or server, and chefs Jason a d Martina delivered promo, professional and courteous service. Food was excellent- would highly recommend Sixty-One Prime!

1  Thank annalK7507JI
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and another couple came to Hawks Cay for the experience. This is our 4th time at Hawks Cay, the majority of the time employees go out of their way to make it right for their guests. Our first night out we wanted a nice dinner and was told to go to Sixty-One Prime. We tried to get reservations and was never called back. Then we get there and see multiple empty tables. We are told they are all reserved and can’t get in until 9:30 unless we sit at a table in the lobby. We sit at the table in the lobby and we don’t get our drinks for another 30 minutes. It takes another 45 minutes to get our food. Soup was cold, scallops were chewy and my wife’s tuna wasn’t even prepared right. She sent it back and they proceeded to throw in the microwave and came back dry. The plate was so hot she burnt my finger and it blistered. They did nothing to make it right. Overall, food was just okay and way overpriced. I would not tell anyone to go here.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

Ate here with friends first night we stayed at Hawks Cay. Only a couple restaurants on the "island" so pretty much captive audience. Food was good as was the service but just too pricey for what you get.