“Exceptional Eggplant Parmesan”

Ranked #3 of 182 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A wonderful Cafe situated on the Pinellas Trail in the heart of Downtown Dunedin. Featuring an eclectic menu ranging from New England Lobster Rolls, & Chicken or Vegetable Curry to Slow Roasted Full Racks of Ribs & Pan seared Sea Scallops.
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I would gladly return for additional eggplant parmesan. The eggplant was fried to perfection (crispy on the outside, and moist on the inside) with a delicious batter and tasty tomato sauce served over the accompanying spaghetti. A choice of a side garden salad or Caesar's salad, and bread came with the meal. My cousin ordered the mini crab cakes appetizer with a side salad. She remarked that the crab cakes were loaded with crab and the mini size was 3" in diameter - an ample portion.

1  Thank Lulutraveler2015
Shardai C, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear Lulutraveler2015,

We are pleased that your most recent visit to Café Alfresco was exceptional from the food, service, and atmosphere. It's wonderful that you were able to experience a few of the courses we have to offer. The next time you're back in the area, we hope you stop back in for another delectable meal here at the Café. Thank you for taking the time and giving us a review of your memorable occasion.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Friends and I visited this restaurant on the way home after a long day of scalloping. We ordered the Feta Alfresco as an appetizer (their signature appetizer!) and it was amazing! Between us we ordered the haddock special, fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, the orange chicken stir fry, and the fish and chips. Everything tasted wonderful and the portions were very plentiful. So much that we had to take some home! One of my friends was feeling a little under the weather due to our adventurous day and Wendy, our waitress noticed and asked her if she was alright. She told her that she wasn't feeling very well and Wendy immediately boxed her food so it wouldn't make her feel sick sitting in front of her (after asking her of course!) She then brought her a cool towel and a glass of ginger ale at no charge! When we left, she even brought over a to go cup with ginger ale!! Wendy went above and beyond and the food was so good, we'll definitely be back!!

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us a review of your experience with Café Alfresco. We are happy to know that you kept us in mind for delectable meal after a long day of activities. It's wonderful to know that Wendy was attentive and made your experience truly memorable. Here at the Café we want everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy a fulfilling meal no matter the circumstances or occasion. We look forward to your next visit for a delicious meal and a memorable time.

Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Cafe Alfresco is rated one of the top restaurants in Dunedin, and we concur. The wait staff is excellent, the menu is diverse and the food is divine. We had one of the vegetarian curry dishes and the scallops, both were excellent and very well plated. Tried one of the specialty drinks - also delicious.

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us a review of your experience with Café Alfresco. We are pleased that everything from beginning to end was excellent with the food, service, and atmosphere. It's wonderful that you were able to dine with us and have a memorable time. We hope the next time you're back in the area, you stop back in for another fulfilling meal here at the Café.

Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

I have been here twice for dinner now and the food was delicious! My shrimp scampi had really great shrimp and sauce. Our server Dan was friendly and efficient. I love this place!

Shardai C, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Samideeann,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us a review of your experience with Café Alfresco. We are pleased that everything was on point from the food, service, and atmosphere. It's wonderful to hear that the Shrimp Scampi was delicious and Dan was able to take great care of your party while dinning with us. We look forward to your next memorable meal here at the Café.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I finally made it to Cafe Alfresco. Certainly glad I did. This place serves one of the best Eggs Benedict dishes that I have ever tasted. Admittedly, the Hollandaise sauce could have been just a slight tad tangier, but it was very savory. The eggs were done to perfection. Tasty ham (not Canadian bacon) and the English muffins were just the way they should be ... easily cutable with a table (not steak) knife. If there might be one area to nag about it would be the home fried potatoes as it was simply a bunch of sliced potatoes, with no additional spices or flavors that I could detect. That said, the portion was larger than most places so it was a good trade-off. I ordered a side of bacon, which was reasonably priced and cooked just the way I love it, just slightly crispy. You know, so it goes effortlessly in to your mouth where soggy saggy bacon doesn't. The side is 4 slices, I only used 2 in the photo. My server, Paul, was great. Kept my coffee hot and made sure I was taken care of. The price is slightly higher than other venues, but the flavors and portions make it worthwhile. Despite being fairly busy for a Sunday brunch, my food came out fairly quickly.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time out and giving us a review of your experience with Café Alfresco. We are pleased that everything from the food, service, and atmosphere were spot on from beginning to end. It's wonderful that you were able to enjoy our Brunch and ordered the Eggs Benedict with a side of Crispy Bacon. We take pride in our food and service to ensure that each guest has a fulfilling meal. It's great to know that Paul was accommodating and attentive during your visit, we will be sure to inform him. We look forward to your next delicious meal here at Café Alfresco. Please know that our Brunch is available from Friday 11am-2pm and Saturday & Sunday 10am-2pm.

Shardai Chaput

Been to Cafe Alfresco? Share your experiences!