“Great food”

Franks Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 181 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Love this place. You must try the calzone,it's the best I have ever had. Had calzones in NY, NJ and PA still Frank's is the best. Pizza is very good and much like NY pizza. We go here at least once a week. Italian friend of mine from up north moved here a couple months ago and he raves about this place. I knew it was good but having an expert opinion means I was right all along. Yes sometimes the service is slow but the place is always packed and really you can't rush perfection.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Ate here with my husband as we wanted a quick meal before leaving the area where we winter. It is a simple place that serves "Italian "American" food. I had spinach which was fresh and delicious and an antipasto salad whic was fine. My husband had a plate of tortellini in a good creamy tomatoe sauce and we shared a slice of cheese pizza. With three dollar glasses of wine and a bill that came to 30 dollars for the two of us, what is not to like.

We will go back when we are in the area. This is not where you go for fine dining but it worked for us for a simple quick meal.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

When with relatives for an evening meal of pizza and Italian food they outdid themselves this time very good job everything that came to the table was properly cooked and deliciously seasoned. So glad I gave this place another try great job you guys good recovery

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Very casual dining , but comfortable, with friendly, prompt service & really good pizza. Not greasy and a variety of sizes & topping choices. Others dining with us had eggplant Parmesan & Stromboli - both were also great. Reasonable prices, too. Several entree items I would like to try - unless the pizza is just calling my name! Maybe a smaller pizza & entree to share.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Nice little pizza joint, good pizza, subs, calzones and chicken parm. It's not a fancy place has a small bar and sports on a couple of big screen TVs. Your basic neighborhood Italian joint.