“Good Food, Large Portions”

Musselwhite's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in East Palatka
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a typical Florida seafood restaurant, on Rt. 17. It's not on the water, but very close to the St. Johns River.

We went there for dinner, for our last night in town. It is fairly rustic, with an alligator skin stretched on one wall. The menu was somewhat confusing because they change their sides, daily, and tape them to the booth. So, if you don't know better, you are left to search for the sides for your meal.

The food was very good. However, the portions were somewhat large and we left feeling uncomfortable. The service was ok but not great. I had to flag the waitress for a drink refill.

Overall, we did enjoy our meal and would return if we get back to the area.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank eternal_skeptic
Write a reviewReviews (180)

Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

We have gone here many times. The scallops are the best in Florida and the service is always friendly and fast. Portions are great you will not leave here hungry

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 22 August 2020 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. We always lean to seafood dishes. I chose a fried shrimp platter that came with 1 extra seafood addition of my choosing (several options were provided). I opted for a crab cake. The platter also came w/ my choice of 2 veggies. I chose fried thick slices of zucchini (perfectly prepared) and pickled beets, also quite tasty. My husband chose a larger fried shrimp platter with fried clams and a crab cake plus 2 veggies of his choice. Both platters had generous portions with large very tasty crab cakes that were nicely prepared. We enjoyed our meals and decided we would DEFINITELY return again. The price was VERY REASONABLE, the service excellent and friendly with a genuine smile. The dining areas were very clean and welcoming. If you're ever in the Palatka area I believe thís place won't disappoint.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 29 April 2020

I have been in the restaurant an now we are all take out. Still the best staff and family owned. You have to try the fried shrimp and hushpuppies!

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 18 February 2020

We came here for dinner because we were staying at the hotel next door. Apparently we were lucky because it was really quiet and we didn't have to wait for a table (usually very busy on weekends). My husband and I ordered the pork chops and the tuna (catch of the day) which we had seared. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the sides that came with the meals. Not so excited about the key lime pie though - it tasted like a commercial product, rather than a house made dessert. The prices were very reasonable!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank SuzieLee71
brananward, Agency / Consultant at Musselwhite's Seafood & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

We are glad you enjoyed your meal with us, we appreciate your feedback!