“A small strip mall restaurant, but tasteful and serene.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 March 2015

In Hitchcock's PLaza. It seems to be a family operation. They will cook to order almost any Chinese dish and it will be good and inexpensive. They have luncheon combination specials.

The only drawback is that they won't take credit cards.

Another favorite

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hungry after an art class in Palatka, I stopped at this restaurant on the way home. It was a little after 4:00pm, and there was no one else in the restaurant, which had a pleasant atmosphere. I ordered the steamed dumplings, which were flavorful and handmade at the restaurant. Although the wrapper was a bit thick, the texture and taste of the filling was nice, and was served with a fresh sauce containing just minced garlic, ginger, and scallion. I also ate the Szechuan vegetables with rice. The veggies were crisp, and although the flavors could have been stronger for my taste, the dish was better than most Chinese cuisine I've eaten in the area. The service was, of course, attentive, since I was the only customer, but not cloying. I would go there again. Located in a strip mall off Route 17.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

The food, price & service were all good. The decor made us wonder if we would regret eating there, but several locals came in for takeout, and we experienced no gastronomical upsets. Serving sizes are large. We split a meal and order an extra egg roll, which was cooked fresh to order.