“5 star location and 3 star food.”

Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Ellenton
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Description: We are a local favorite thanks to our delicious food, "Old Florida" vibe, outstanding service and of course terrific views! We offer live music 5 days and week with two acts playing on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Karaoke is a great night to come to on Tuesdays! When you arrive you can sit yourself at any of our tables, from the outdoor patio, inside dining, or our very own TIKI ISLAND! Remember, if it's busy, it may take a bit longer for your made to order food, but where can you go and wait while sitting and drinking, listening to music or simply enjoying the views of the Manatee River!
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I would recommend this place for only one reason. The location is top of the top with waterside tables available. The food was average at best. My sandwich was decent but my wife's hamburger had a very strange texture to it. Not inedible, just not great.

Would I do it again? Yep just because the location is so cool. Service was decent.

Woody R, General Manager at Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hello Shartli,

We wanted to thank you for your recent review of Woody's. We are the Roo with a View! There is no doubt we have an awesome location as you have confirmed. I would like to discuss your review of the food. I'm curious as to what sandwich you had? I was surprised to hear you did not like the burger as they are generally a favorite among our guests. We thank you for the opportunity to serve you again and I would like to say hi when you arrive. We take pride in our service, atmosphere, and food, I am sure we will correct the problems you had before and surpass your expectations! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I shopped at Ellenton and then went to Woody's River Roo Puband Grill for lunch.
It's so nice to set outside and enjoy the view of the beautiful water. The Grooper sandwich is delicious!

Woody R, General Manager at Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you 465maggie! We love hearing how our guests have a great time! Nothing like working up an appetite while doing some shopping! See you next time you're here!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

It reminded me of a old school southern bar food place. Service was good and fast. My kids loved the fries! Very unique style of fries

Woody R, General Manager at Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thanks IB33wonka! We love our fries too! See you and the fam soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We've been here twice now within a year and both experiences were absolutely outstanding. It seems they always have live music - GOOD live music. The freshness and portion sizeof the food are unheard of for this type of establishment. One would think typical bar food, but whoever the chef and management team is, they need a raise. The only thing that isn't good about Woody's is their parking situation.

Thank you Casey! We work hard to make things perfect every time! It's nice to hear good reviews from our guests! I'll be sure to pass the message to the Chef and Management Team! Our parking is being worked on just waiting on the county now!! Thanks Casey and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We sat eating our meal whilst looking out on to the Manatee River and the 5.00pm rush hour going home traffic. Open air and indoor air-conditioned eating. The food was great with good sized portions, but then the heavens opened and our visit was cut short, but that’s to be expected in August. But the time we spent was great even if we did get a little bit wet.

Woody R, General Manager at Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you Reuben for your awesome review! Yes, this time of year can be a crazy time! One minute it's sunshine and happiness, the next it's a monsoon! We're glad you had a good time before your shower and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,