Castaways Condominiums
Pearl Beach Inn(Englewood)
US$199
US$169
Hotels.com
Sun Coast Inn(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$69
Sun Life Beach Hotel(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$75
Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments(Englewood)(Great Value!)
US$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscharcoalunitpoolfeetvacationocean
Reviewed 17 June 2016

A perfect place to spend a week (or longer!) for a girls trip or a family beach vacation. Not at all touristy but still with all the conveniences nearby! I went twice in 2015 - once with my two granddaughters (age 8 and almost 6) and again with my best friend. Susan in the office is very helpful!

Room Tip: I prefer gulf front for best views of the beach/sunsets. No matter which unit, it is only a few steps from the sand and water.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyToMyMunchkins
Reviewed 28 April 2016

These condos are situated off the Englewood beach a few miles from Venice.
They tick all the boxes both I comfort and situation

The manager Susan is extremely helpful and accommodating to your needs
and she runs the complex with great authority and finesse.

We spent Three months in a two bedroom property a mere 60 yards from the beach.
The property is clean and affords all facilities for your needs. The views And sunsets from the crescent Windows are as good as anything you can experience around the world.
The beach is a delight, never too busy and an abundance of sharks teeth for collectors. Warm seas, glorious sunsets food and refreshment a short walk away.

We can thoroughly recommend castaway condominiums for those looking for a long stay holiday in paradise on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed 2 weeks in November 2015 in Unit 15E which is an ocean view 1 bedroom condo. It has been recently updated with tile floors and comfortable king bed. It has a deck with high top table and chairs and a low table and chairs. The high tops are great because you look over the railing easily. It is only a couple hundred feet away from the beach and ocean. This complex is also next to the public Englewood beach and there is Yoga on the beach at 8:30 everyday all year round. you can walk to restaurants, 2 beach stores and a convenient store. We brought our bikes and I rode the quiet streets. I absolutely love this place and location. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti J
Reviewed 23 September 2015

I am writing to you to personally let you know about an experience I had at your condo complex. My husband and I and our 2 little kids stayed at unit 13E over Labor Day weekend this year. This was our 4th year to your complex and we come twice a year. Every Memorial and Labor Day weekend. We come with our friends and family and total we rent out about 5 units among us all. This weekend started out great. Until I get my refund from my deposit that I put down on the unit. I received a check for $270 and a handwritten note that said that I was deducted $30 for extra cleaning time in my unit especially in the kitchen. I was VERY offended by this and I called Susan immediately. She tells me that the cleaning company told her that my unit was extremely dirty and that it took them twice as long to clean. I was very upset with this information and told Susan that they were 100% lying or confused on another unit. Because there is no way that was my unit. When we left at 10am we had the laundry washed and dried for them and stacked neatly on the dryer. My husband even vacuumed a little that morning. All the beds were stripped and the sheets washed and folded on the dryer. All the towels were washed and dried and folded for them. Susan informed me that she normally gets a call to come see the unit if it is a mess, but ironically this time they did not call her! She did not see it with her eyes, but she has been using them for 10 years so they can’t be lying. Well they are lying and they are scamming you. She said she would call them and call me back. That was a Wednesday 09/16/2015. I waited almost a week and I had to call back on Tuesday 09/22/2015. Susan never called me back. She informed me that she spoke to them and they agreed the kitchen was a disaster. I asked did they tell you all the laundry was done. Susan said yes they agreed the laundry was done and stacked on the dryer for them. So I said to Susan lets think about this.. I supposedly left the kitchen a mess, BUT I did ALL the laundry. Now does that make sense? Why would I use my own laundry detergent and my time to do the laundry, but leave the kitchen a mess? That does not even make sense. If I was going to leave everything a mess then why would I take the time to do that. I asked Susan for the cleaning company’s name and phone number so I could call them to help resolve this matter. Susan told me no because she didn’t feel comfortable doing that because they are having family problems and health problems. I tried to handle this matter with your manager and she was not helpful. All she did was apologize over and over again – for what. I wanted my $30 back and she said no. So take photos before you leave. Don't trust that you will get your money back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank Carol N
Reviewed 29 July 2015

On previous trips to visit in-laws in nearby North Port, we went to Englewood Beach and some of the restaurants. This year we decided it was time to stay right where the action is, instead of "commuting." We were two families and were able to get units next to each other (23D and 24D). Both were very nice, pleasantly furnished, although the kitchens were a bit dated. Both had large decks that faced west, catching the afternoon and setting sun. Each had two bathrooms (although one was quite small) and two bedrooms. The AC worked well. The beds were comfy and the units were well kept and clean. We really liked them. The units were back by the pool, but the amazing beach was only a few dozen steps away.

The beach was less crowded than the public one adjacent, and the water was warm most days. Sandy bottom, lots of shells to collect, etc. etc. Beautiful. The shared pool was a decent size and a nice place to dip. We appreciated the outdoor lounging area that was under cover and the quality of the outdoor furniture was mid-level and comfy. There was a main bbq area that was shared and a couple of other small bbq spots, which was ok if one has the patience for charcoal. Would have appreciated access to a propane bbq on the unit's deck, but that's a small quibble.

The grounds were nicely cared for. It was a really pleasant atmosphere.

Second floor units are, yep, two flights up. So if you can't do stairs, this isn't the place for you.

Other amenities: Dishwasher? Check. Cable TV? Check (lots of channels). Wifi? Check! Well, sort of. It was kind of hit and miss while we were there, with the communal wifi modems having different levels of fussiness. The manager did reset one of them, which helped a bit. (The condo owners may want to consider each having a wifi modem in their unit to ensure reliable service....it's just not an option any more. Just a thought.) There was an onsite laundry room. Very handy, and free to use, which was greatly appreciated.

Check-in and check-out were quick, simple, friendly. Susan, the property manager, was very nice to deal with and responsive to queries.

Location is another factor in this place's favor. Very close to the beach, of course, but also to about a half dozen nice restaurants/pubs within walking/staggering distance. And, if you need supplies, Englewood has plenty of outlets (Wal-mart, Publix, etc.) within a mile or two.

We really enjoyed our vacation there. We didn't have to worry about anything except drying our towels and swim suits and picking a place to eat.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family