All reviewsold floridathe cottagesthe main lodgealligator bitescole slawgrouperairboat ridestone crabkey lime pienewspaper articlesworth the detourscreened porchmini fridgeflat screen tvthe ritzcoffee makereverglades
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The six of us were surprised and impressed with the service, food quality and comfort on the porch of the Rod and Gun Club. The gator appetizer was the best alligator any of us had ever experienced, the grouper was tasty and the Oyster Caesar had plump, perfectly cooked, large oysters. The key lime pie was so good it was still the topic of conversation the following day. Our service was friendly and attentive. The porch was cool despite the hot, muggy temperatures outdoors. Can't wait for a return trip!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lise2358
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Stayed here for one night-dog friendly so very few choices in the area. This place is quite interesting and we would have loved to have really experienced it. Lots of history and the restaurant and lobby reeked of history. We stayed in one of the 'cabins' and quite nice. Very clean and comfortable-a coffee maker would have been fabulous! Cash only and when I made the reservation, I was told that restaurant stayed open until 8pm. However at check-in, we were told that restaurant closed at 5 pm and we noticed that the place was closed at 4:45pm. I think we were the only people trying there. If you are reading this and thinking about coming to this area in the next few weeks, we would like to caution you that they have a HUGE mosquito problem so call and inquire first.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra M
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

The food was meager especially considering the price. Service was also less than average. The view is nice on the porch, and the taxidermy is nice if you are in to that stuff. I would not recommend this place as somewhere to eat.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Solly V
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Easter lunch was delightful. Great food - we can recommend the grouper Reuben. Our server, Billy, was personable and supplied prompt and attentive service. The setting is gorgeous olde Florida and the porch was a beautiful place to eat a leisurely lunch.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Janell B
Reviewed 13 April 2017

3 weeks ago my friend and I went into the Rod and Gun club in everglades city and made a reservation with Brian. We called 3 days prior to confirm our reservation and were told that yes we were confirmed for arrival on April 8. On April 8 I called to advise the hotel we were running late and we would arrive by 8:00pm. The person on the phone Jeff said ok are you planning on having dinner we said yes, Ok then we will keep the dinning room open for your dinner. We arrived around 7:30pm and were given a key and room number and told where to park the boat. I went ahead of my friend to the room and opened the door. What a shock when the door opened and there were someone else's things sitting all over the room. I immediately closed the door and went out to my friend to advise that we were given a room already occupied. REALLY. They have only 8 rooms total in the entire hotel. You don't know that someone is already there!!!! We went back to the hotel lobby and a women was on a golf cart and we explained that we were given a room and someone was already occupying the room. She was like oh that happens allot!!!! Really. You cannot keep track of 8 cottages!! The women was very rude and also stated oh yeah we are fully booked. Sorry. That was it. How rude. We went to the office for a refund. Oh by the way they only accept CASH!!!!!! No other form of payment. I warn anyone that would like to stay here do not bother. There are other places in Everglades city to stay that are better than the Rod and gun club. Stay away unless you want to be caught with no reservation upon arrival.

Room Tip: do not bother to make a reservation stay else where.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends