“Great lunch on the screen porch”
Review of Rod and Gun Club

Rod and Gun Club
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Grouper sandwich was delicious and hubby's burger was good. Service was very slow but we enjoyed sitting on the porch and relaxing. They don't accept credit or debit cards so happily we had some cash on us! It was decorated very pretty for Christmas!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

This is a very old establishment in Everglades City, FL. Something like 5 Presidents have been there. Our family group drove down from Naples and had a very nice experience. The food was great and the atmosphere was like a time capsule from the early days of Florida. This was our fifth time for lunch over the last ten years and we have never had a regret.

1  Thank rsjoberg
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Lunch on the veranda at the quaint Rod and Gun Club was fabulous. The food, service and atmosphere was beyond expectation. Great location to enjoy FL's best. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Wow, every time I read the "bad" review I wonder if they ate in the same restaurant I did. When you come to the Rod and Gun Club you come to experience what Florida use to be like many years ago. Laid back and good food. I had grouper the day I was there and it was beyond fabulous. It was fresh and probably has just come off the fishing boat. Yes it was hot and butter would melt on it as opposed to one reviewer's comment regard her meal.

I know there are many negative nannies in the world but keep your experiences to yourselves. People work hard for a living and try to make your experience the best they can. Everyone shows up every day to do the very best they can....remember that!
Anyway my food was fabulous the waiter and service was good and I wasn't in a rush which is old Florida very laid back and no hurry. All good things come to those who wait. Besides my grouper I had the BEST key lime pie I have ever had in this lovely state of Florida and I was born in Florida. The recipe is homemade, with real key limes, and as creamy as silk. It was beyond words.

So folks if you want a good experience be kind to others and they will reciprocate the same to you. Plus what's wrong with cash only. At least they get paid, can pay their help and buy their food when they don't have to give an ungodly percentage to the credit card companies. Grow up cash is good.

To the Rod and Gun Club keep on doing what you are doing. Providing good service, smiles, wonderful food and lots of ambience along with the rich history of Everglades City and old Florida. So, for rich the history, the flavor of the Everglades, and great food experience the Rod and Gun Club. Remember if there are rules you don't like they are there because someone else's bad behavior caused them. It you are expecting something different go to Miami and Naples to the Ritz.

1  Thank Dina B
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I love the charm of a family small business. You can ask questions and get honest answers to local folklore and find out what are the best things to order. I understand that "sometimes you just want things the way they always are at home." I spent 3 weeks in London and the local food was different, delicious, and very rich. I was so relieved to locate a McDonalds to experience a familiar meal.
The Rod and Gun Club restaurant is where I go in and around Naples for something different that isn't delivered frozen by a truck from S (won't name the company - they're good but the 'same menu items' in various locations can get me in the car for a nice drive to something different).
My favorite things are the clam chowder, shrimp cocktail, Key Lime pie, fish tacos, fried lobster with champagne gravy, and the homemade 'special,' that the chef creates for that day only. Call ahead to see what/when it is. Naturally, the are slow during the off-season, but things start jumping after Christmas.

1  Thank Lois H