“Location, service and ambiance makes for a perfect getaway for families. ”

The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Almost every employee we encountered made sure we were well taken care of! Thank you. Thank you Ms. Patina for answering our questions and being available when we needed you. Could not recommend more highly! Fun trip and luxurious too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AM L, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island as your luxury destination. We are very pleased to hear that our Ladies & Gentlemen played a role in creating a memorable experience during your stay. When your plans bring you to Amelia Island next, I hope you will consider joining us in our newest restaurant, COAST, which features fresh, local seafood and offers terrace dining to take in the view of the dunes and ocean. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This hotel is top notch in terms of customer service, they have an army of people dedicated to make sure your needs are covered and you experience a wonderful stay. We had an amazing housekeeper for the room (Tyan), the food and drinks are all very good and the location is exceptional. The beach service is great, having an umbrella to cover from the hot sun was a very welcomed perk. We look forward to returning to this hotel. We got a North facing room that was excellent since we had a good view of the ocean without having the hot sun entering the room. Every room has a balcony great to sit and have a drink while looking at the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for a North-facing room on the north side of the property to have a great view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

On behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island as your luxury destination. We are very pleased to hear that our Ladies & Gentlemen played a role in creating a memorable experience during your stay. For the ultimate in tranquility, The Ritz-Carlton Spa offers the Heaven in a Hammock service, an exclusive treatment available only in Amelia Island. Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton. We understand you have considerable options and we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The resort offers plenty of enjoyable amenities, friendly staff, quality restaurants and an amazing location, however there are two minor opportunities for improvement:

1) Beach service - once you get your chairs, it's "every man for himself." Hotel staff does not take food or drink orders nor does the staff check-in throughout your time at the beach. Be prepared to balance beverages and waters as you walk to and from your beach chair.

2) Rooms need updating - while the bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious, if someone told me I were in a standard Marriott (vs. a Ritz), I would believe them. For example, the TVs are on the older-side and the showers have curtains vs. glass door/standing shower.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Payitforward561

On behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island as your luxury destination. We are so fortunate to be located in such a beautiful area surrounded by incredible natural treasures. We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback and we have taken it constructively and seriously. When your plans bring you to Amelia Island next, please consider our signature relaxation experience in the spa, Heaven in a Hammock, or a post-golf reflexology treatment. Warmest wishes from the beaches of Amelia Island!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton on Amelia island was my wife and i choice for a long 4th weekend getaway. The hotel grounds are good and the rooms very clean and comfortable as you would expect from the ritz. This is a very kid friendly hotel, which not a bonus for us as we have no kids, but great for families that want a ritz kids program. The pool is far too small, but the beach is large and very relaxing. The water is not clear like in the Caribbean or Mexico but it is refreshing wirh some good waves and super soft sandy beaches.

The service by the hotel staff beyond the front desk was exquisite. Michael and Lauren down by the beach at the beach bar were more than fantastic. They were attentive to or needs and the other patrons and became great vacation acquaintances that we looked forward to conversing with daily. Michael makes some great drinks and has the exact demeanor you want grin a friendly beach bartender.

The only negatives about this hotel is that they will literally nickel and dime you for everything. The front desk could use some host skills training but other than that a good vacation getaway.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

On behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island as your luxury destination. We are very pleased to hear that our Ladies & Gentlemen played a role in creating a memorable experience during your stay. If your travels return you to our hotel, please consider a room on our Club Level, which features a private lounge and exclusive concierge services, as well as unique culinary presentations from our Chef. Warmest wishes from the beaches of Amelia Island!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My letter to Ritz's Guest Relations:

I wanted to let you know about my recent stay at your Amelia Island property. We checked in on 7.2.17 and checked out on 7.4.17. My wife and I were celebrating our 13th anniversary. We arrived and went to check-in at 4pm. Our room wasn’t ready and the woman behind the counter asked me for my cell number so she could text me when the room was ready. We were given 2 glasses of champagne which was a nice touch. At 6pm, after not receiving a text, I went back to the front desk to find out the room was ready. Annoying but recoverable.

We had a great meal at your Pub restaurant and our server was excellent. Unfortunately there were kids running around all of the tables chasing each other for a good 20+ minutes without anyone intervening. Great meal, great service, not relaxing at all.

We went to your main lobby bar to get after dinner drinks. Again, kids running everywhere and even sitting at the bar! At 8pm! I’m not sure that’s even allowed legally. Certainly not relaxing. I felt like i was at a Disney property (which i love) but not when I’m paying Ritz prices!

The next morning I received a call from the manager apologizing for the late check-in which i appreciated. I then received a call from the head chef apologizing for my meal being late the night before. I let the chef know that it must have been a different Chris Smith because my food was on time and was delicious.

On 7.3 and 7.4 we had breakfast at your breakfast restaurant (Coast I believe). On both occasions either the wrong drinks we’re brought to our table or we got coffee without cream. I went to the bar in the restaurant to manually get what we needed as the server was chatting with another table. The chatting went on long enough for me to get seconds at the buffet and finish my second helping before getting what we needed from the bar. This part of my letter may sound petty but i wanted to include because I thought that your staff was just simply overwhelmed with all of the guests over the holiday weekend. While that probably is true there is some training that is clearly lacking.

There are 2 elevators that led to our room. On 7.3 someone vomited in one of the elevators. Your guests got to smell that for a good 12 hours.

Your beach servers were excellent. They provided umbrellas, chairs and towels. Very friendly and attentive.

We had an excellent meal at Salt on the evening of 7.3 and our servers, Ryan and Nathan, were fantastic. Fun, knowledgable, charming. The food was impeccable. An A+, 5 star meal.

On 7.4 at 1000am I talked to one of your greeters at the front entrance to your lobby about getting a cart sent to my room so that I could manually pack our belongings for check out at 11am. At 1010am the cart arrived with a bell hop who told me he couldn’t leave the cart because they were ‘too busy’ to leave a cart. This comment was a perfect wrap up of our stay at the property. The staff was too busy to provide personalized service. I would have commandeered the cart for a whole 30 minutes! Unthinkable! At 1025pm I called back down to have the bell hop return as our bags were ready. By 1040pm with no cart in site we carried our own bags down to the car.

I then went to registration to checkout and the same woman who checked me in was there. She asked me how my stay was and I said disappointing. She asked why. I said first, not having a room until 6 was a downer and that the staff was clearly overwhelmed with the number of people, kids etc. Her reply to me “Sir, its a holiday weekend what did you expect?”. She then proceeded to acknowledge that she was the one who checked me in at 515pm. I told her that was curious as I never received a text and was wandering the resort to kill time until after 6. I told her that i stayed the week before at the Hotel Jerome in Aspen, CO and that that was killer service. She told me that she had worked at the Ritz in Aspen and the same ‘experience’ i had in Amelia would have happened at the Ritz in Aspen as well. I’m not sure what her point was other than to convince me to draw a line thru that Ritz as well. Bizarre. Strange. But thankfully over.

Room Tip: Call in advance to request a room upgrade and have your Marriott # ready.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
8.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
5.1 km away
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!