“Delicious!”

The Crab Trap
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are so glad we decided to stop in! All of our food was wonderful- we shared a combo appetizer with shrimp, cheese sticks, and alligator. Even my picky kiddo tried the gator, and liked it! For dinner, I had peel and eat shrimp and my husband had grilled shrimp. Both were a good size portion. The same picky kid that liked the gator tried a cluster of crab legs from the children’s menu, and (once he got the hang of cracking them open with the help of our awesome server) loved them. The bucket in the table for the scraps was fun for him also. My other kids ordered from the kids menu and were satisfied with their meals. We will definitely visit again next time!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant was old and tired. I went with my family which consisted of 2 adults and 1 child. The food was good and the service was great. I think they could make the place look old without it looking tired and old. Not a bad place though just average.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a quick dinner here the other night, the grilled shrimp was excellent-- we live in a tourist area with a shrimp fleet, and it's some of the best we've had. Would eat here again anytime, and usually do when in town.

1  Thank MoRahn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stumbled on the Crap Trap while wondering down Center Street. What a wonderful find. Everyone loved their food, and the service was excellent. I had the crab cake burger and the happy hour margarita!! Yummy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Positive: service was great. Partner had platter with crab, shrimp, oysters, and fish grilled for $30 and thought it overpriced. Favorite was oysters. I had a dozen grilled shrimp for $16.95, so reasonably priced, but neither of us cared for the sweet finish on grilled seafood. Vegetables and pilaf totally bland. Happy hour drinks a good value. This place really needs a make over -- Chef Irvine, where are you?! -- from the crowded tables to the dusty fishnets, stuffed weasels, and tacky swordfish on the wall. Walked in off the street, but won't return.